Tramadol for menstrual cramps

losing-jennifer
on 3/27/12 11:17 pm
I'm not liking it since it makes me feel jittery and just "drugged".  Besides it only takes the edge off and doesn't work as well as advil did.  Perhaps I could ask for a higher dosage but I bet I will feel more of the side effects of it too.  Pamprin works better but still doesn't completely take away the cramping.  I can live with it but wondering if any of you have tried something else.  My cramps are severe and I have always needed something to get through the day.

Have a great day all!
Jen
HW 254  SW 242  CW 148
**Down 106 pounds from highest weight!**

Cheryl C.
on 3/28/12 1:11 am - NY
RNY on 02/29/12 with
I have to take vicodin on the bad days.  I'm four weeks post op, so I cru**** up in some applesauce and it does the trick.  You have to be careful though, because it might make you drowsy.

Cher    

(deactivated member)
on 3/28/12 1:35 am, edited 3/28/12 3:15 am - NJ
I know how you feel - I am allergic to just about every pain med under the sun and can't take anything - tramadol bothers me, along with vicodin, percocet, any of the oxy ones and even tylenol & codeine bother me!

I actually use Xanax or Valium for cramps (and when I have trouble sleeping) - they don't completely alleviate the pain, but when popped with a tylenol or two, it helps. I use the lowest dosage on both. My PCP turned me onto using Valium for pain when I had adhesions a couple of years ago.

The Xanax dose is .25 and the Valium is 2 mg.

I know those are both addictive drugs, but I have been using both for more than 5 years with a decrease in dose from when I was fat, so both my psych and PCP know that I am not a drug seeker nor am I addicted - if there was any doubt I know for sure neither of them would prescribe it for me.

It may be worth a shot - good luck :)
cleach1972
on 3/28/12 2:06 am
I'm going through the same thing and my GYN prescribed me liquid loratab however that makes me drowsy so I only take half of the prescribed dosage.