Protein Shake Review

longhornrose
on 3/28/12 5:32 am - South Texas
RNY on 09/13/12
I think I posted here that over the weekend, I bought GNC's Amplified Weight Bolic Liquid 60 protein powder.  Maybe it's just me, but I just can't stomach it, and I haven't even had surgery yet.  It has a kind of funky vanilla taste; I've tried mixing it with water, skim milk, adding a banana, using milk and SF pudding mix. . . Yuck! 

I'm off to order from Vitalady!

Beth

Consult WT: 312   SW274   CW: 244

InkdSpEdTchr
on 3/28/12 8:04 am
Ick! Yeah, bring that back! I recommend that you get all the samples that you can, but just so you know your tastes may change after surgery. Or at least your stomach may like/dislike different things post-op.

I really loved the Chike brand before surgery, but afterward I could not keep it down. Thankfully I found About Time, and that's the only protein I drink now.

Hope you find your perfect fit!

:Danni  >>>AIDS/LifeCycle 10 & 11 Finisher: 545miles on the bike in 7 days <<<
HW390/SW340/CW 208/GW170

longhornrose
on 3/28/12 1:14 pm - South Texas
RNY on 09/13/12
Actually, we'll probably keep it, as hubby is using it too, and it doesn't really bother him.

Yeah, I've tried a sample of About Time, and really liked it.  The Cinnamin Swirl is fantastic, and I will probably pick up some of that.  Where do you get yours?

Beth 

InkdSpEdTchr
on 3/29/12 4:19 am
I get mine from their website, if you use offer code "Lifestyle" you get 20% off!

:Danni  >>>AIDS/LifeCycle 10 & 11 Finisher: 545miles on the bike in 7 days <<<
HW390/SW340/CW 208/GW170

Bassetman
on 3/28/12 9:16 am - Canada
 Try bodybuilding.com look at Gold standard 100% Whey protein, I just got their banana cream and Chocolate mint and they are great.  even with the shipping it's still better pricing than GNC  
bvom
on 3/29/12 12:07 am - CT
Are you referring to Optimum Nutrition gold standard?

I LOVE that protein.  Aside from click, it's the only one I'll use.  It tastes great, mixes easily (I use a blender bottle or magic bullet) and is cheap as can be on Amazon.

Highest: 601 lbs / Surgery: 573 lbs / Lowest: 242 / Regained 57 lbs (Currently -51!)
              Panniculectomy 11/09  *  Brachioplasty & Inner Thigh Lift 12/10

Lianne C.
on 3/28/12 1:13 pm - Garden City, MI
I found that I am now REALLY LOVING Syntrax Nectar in the Fuzzy Navel flavor mixed with a "Ocean Spray on the go" white cran-peach! It is absolutly delicious!! I get mine at Vitamin Shoppe. Not sure if you have tried that one yet.
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
longhornrose
on 3/28/12 1:32 pm - South Texas
RNY on 09/13/12
Thanks for the info you guys.  I ordered a 2# container of Wellements Pro-Blend 55 Alpine Vanilla today, because I'd ordered a sample from Vitalady, and really, really liked it.  I'm going to keep trying various flavors and brands before I settle on something I think I can live with.  And like everyone says, what I like now may not be what I'll live post-surgery!

Beth 

LisaM30
on 3/29/12 2:42 am - Wesley Chapel, FL
 I too struggle with protein.  Three months out and I cannot stand the sweet ones.  I agree, try all the samples you can.  My favorites: Nectar!!!  It's made by Synthrax.  If you call their 800 number you can get 13 samples for $13.  Good deal.  There are about half of the flavors that I like, with my absolute favorites being Lemon Tea, Twisted Cherry and Roadside Lemonade.  The next favorite of mine, I'd I do sweet is About Time Chocolate and Birthday Cake.  Never tried Cinnamon Roll, maybe next time.  You can go to their website and get samples too.  My last recommendation, when you are able to have protein bars is Quest.  They come in a bunch of flavors and have really low sugar and carbs...all for 20 grams of protein per bar, which I nibble on all day.  Good luck I hope I helped a little. 

cody62809
on 3/29/12 3:07 am - MA
RNY on 01/31/12
Try this:  Mocha Mint flavored About Time 100% Whey Protein.  It's awesome.  1 scoop = 101 calories, ZERO CARBS/SUGAR, ZERO FAT, and 24 grams of protein.  I have mine with water and it is very light and a great flavor.
Submitted:  11/23/11, Approved:  12/14/11, Surgery Date:  1/31/12; HW:  285, CW:  188