I need Easter dessert ideas. Pls

Jennifer M.
on 4/5/12 2:16 am - MN
RNY on 02/17/12
 I'm going to try this:

http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Holiday-Pistachio-Dessert 

I'll be substituting all sugar free products, including making splenda confectioners' sugar, and if possible, I'll try to use a low carb baking mix.  I'm also going to substitute sugar free Cool Whip for the whipped cream.  Right now, I'm going to keep the butter (and probably the Tbsp of brown sugar in) just to keep the chemical reactions right.  

I'll be testing my modifications tomorrow.  

T. Deeds
on 4/5/12 2:17 am
You could do fruit, arranged nicely. I made a pinterest board with ideas: pinterest.com/terrimwilliams/easter-dessert/

animal02
on 4/5/12 3:48 am
For special occasions I make a cherry cheese cake ---very simple to make and very tasty.   When I serve desert I feel I can have a very small piece and not feel guilty and if I don't tell my family it is sugar free they don't realize.

Cherry Cheese Cake

1- Pkg FF Cream Cheese
1 -8 oz Sugar Fee Cool Whip
1/4 Cup Splenda

Add all the above and mix well  until creamy.  Pour into a 9" gram cracker crust using splenda.

Top with a can of Great Value Cherry Pie Filling (Sugar Free made with Splenda) found at Wal Mart.

Darcy S.
on 4/5/12 11:06 am - Clinton, CT
Wow those are amazing ideas! Thank you all so much! I can't wait to try them.

Decision made weight 265  SW 249 CW 153  9/4/12 next goal 145lbs  OMG                                

Darcy S.
on 4/7/12 9:18 am - Clinton, CT
Kim!!!!!!!OMG. That peanut butter pie is just AMAZING! I just made it and licked the mixer. Lol. So excited to make a dessert that taste this good for a special occasion. Thank you so much!

Ps I m sooooo not a cook or baker and this recipe was right up my alley!

Decision made weight 265  SW 249 CW 153  9/4/12 next goal 145lbs  OMG                                

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 55 replies · 484 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 409 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 399 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 342 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 170 views
Recent Topics