I need Easter dessert ideas. Pls

Darcy S.
on 4/4/12 9:02 pm - Clinton, CT
I'm hosting Easter dinner and would love some ideas for dessert that I too could enjoy. Thanks so much

Decision made weight 265  SW 249 CW 153  9/4/12 next goal 145lbs  OMG                                

sweet-tart2012
on 4/4/12 9:25 pm - TX
RNY on 02/16/12
sf vanilla or chocolate jell-o with sf whipped cream and maybe a few pecans sprinkled on top? 

OR    Chunky Baked Apples (WLS Cookbook for Dummies)
6 med. granny smith apples, peeled, cored, and chopped into chunks
2 TBLS. lemon juice
l tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
2 TBLS. sugar substitute
1/4 tsp. salt
2 TBLS. melted butter

1. Preheat oven to 350%.  In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients & mix well.
2. Pour the apple mixture into a 9-x-13 in. baking dish and cover.  Bake for 30 mins., or until apples  
    are soft.  Serve warm or cold.

Mary Catherine
on 4/4/12 10:12 pm
 Sugar-free Fat-Free Cheesecake in Five Minutes

1 pkg any flavor sugar-free instant pudding - I use vanilla
1-1/2 cups fat-free milk - I use Lactaid
8 ounces fat-free cream cheese
1 cup sugar-free cool whip (optional)
Fresh strawberries (optional)
Prepared graham cracker pie crust (optional)

Put milk in blender, but cover on blender and blend the mil****il it is very foamy.  Then take cover off blender and pour in the instant pudding mix in.  Put cover back on and blend for one minute.  Quickly pour into either an empty pie pan or prepared pie crust.  This is ready to eat in five minutes, but gets firmer after a few hours in the refrigerator.  I top with sugar-free cool whip and fresh sliced strawberries.

Nobody believes that this is sugar and fat free and only take five minutes to set up.  There is sugar and fat in the piecrust so to be truly sugar and fat free you have to omit that and just make the cheesecake in a pan.

exohexoh
on 4/5/12 11:17 am - West Chester, PA
 i'm gonna have to try this one! maybe even add a little protein to it.... 

<3 jen <3

<3 starting weight: 252 <3 goal weight: 135 <3 current weight: 151 <3

RNY: 9/27/10 <3 Extended Tummy Tuck w/hip & thigh lipo: 6/6/13

timetochange
on 4/4/12 10:16 pm
 I made this yesterday to try for Easter ahead of time. Took it to work and got rave reviews. 
Lemon Ice Box Cake

1 box lemon cake mix.  They make a sugar free one but I couldn't find it so I used regular

2 boxes s/f lemon geletin
1 1/3 cup boiling water
1 1/3 cup Diet Sprite

1 box s/f lemon jello
1 1/2 cup skim milk
1 tub fat free cool whip

Make cake by box directions and pour in a 9 x 13 pan. While cake is in the oven mix geletin, water and Sprite put in fridge until cake is done. When you take cake out of the oven use a fork and poke wholes all over. Pour geletin over cake while it's still warm and then put in fridge over night. 

Mix Pudding and milk and then fold in cool whip. Use this as  your frosting. 

I didn't do a calorie count but it was the hit of the work day. Everyone raved! I will be making for Easter. 

Bettisima
on 4/4/12 10:17 pm
I would suggest hitting up Nik's blog, Bariatric Foodie, or Michelle's at The World According to Eggface. They both have some dessert options.
morriegrl71
on 4/4/12 11:10 pm
one i always loved when i was newly post op and attending family get togethers is the layered sugar free jello dessert, it had cool whip topping. it was pretty and tasted good. i have an relative who makes it and i always thank her!
mikkisha
on 4/4/12 11:31 pm - grafenwohr, XX
 http://www.kingarthurflour.com/blog/2011/04/06/inside-out-carrot-cake-%E2%80%93-carrot-cake-muffins/   I used this inside out Carrot cake recipe and changed some things,    I substituted sugar for splenda and splenda brown.
  The flour I changed to 1/2 soy flour (LOTS of protein) and 1/2 wheat flour. 
  And I used Egg beaters instead of eggs.    For the filling I used Fat free CC and instead of sweetening it with splenda I used my vanilla protein powder. I used one scoop but you would just have to see how the texture is with whatever powder you use.   
 YOUTUBE.COM/KISHAGETSSKINNY        
Kim S.
on 4/4/12 11:40 pm - Helena, AL
Low Sugar Peanut Butter Pie Weight Loss Surgery Friendly! From KKJ5165 Kim Sorensen   1 Reduced Fat Graham Cracker Pie Shell 1 Block Philadelphia Reduced Fat Cream Cheese (room temperature) ½ Cup Smooth Peanut Butter 1 Regular Size Tub of Cool Whip (the small one) ¾ Cup Granulated Splenda (DO NOT use the blend) 3 Tbsp Fat Free Milk 2 Tbsp Corn Starch Mix all with mixer and pour into pie shell. Refrigerate overnight.

Cleopatra_Nik
on 4/4/12 11:41 pm - Baltimore, MD
If you want a smal dessert option, Bariatric Foodie has this to offer, my Cadbury Creme Egg Protein dessert:

http://bariatricfoodie.blogspot.com/2011/04/cadbury-cream-eg g-protein-dessert.html

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!