Happy Easter (And some motivational pics...if you need them)

LawyerGirl
on 4/8/12 2:38 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Hi everyone.  I hope that those of you who, like me, celebrated Easter today, had a wonderful celebration.  It's been just over two years since I had my surgery in 2010.  I can't believe how different my life is today.  For the most part, it's great, but as we all know this surgery comes with a lot of ups and downs.  Today, more than ever, I was reminded of how much freedom this surgery has given me and those who love me.  Free to travel, free to live, free to love.  The first photo below was taken just before my surgery at my heaviest weight.  The second was taken two weeks ago.  And the final set of photos are from today.  (Yes, I guess I channeled Marilyn for a moment:-))

I wish all of you, wherever you are on this amazing journey, much peace, love and joy.

Are you living or are you existing?  Check out my blog at http://toexistortolive.blogspot.com to find out!
AmberLee72
on 4/8/12 2:50 pm, edited 4/8/12 2:51 am
You look absolutely amazing!! Congrats!! How long did it tske to lose all the weight?? When did it stop??
LawyerGirl
on 4/8/12 3:02 pm - Philadelphia, PA
 Hi.  Thank you so much.  I set my first goal at 175 pounds (my estimation of my weight in high school) and I reached that after about 10 months.  I stuck to the plan and by the time of my one-year follow-up, I was 168 or 169.  At that time, we set a new goal of about 155.  I probably reached that in May or June of last year.  So that would have been 16 months after surgery.  And  that's were I am today.  I generally fluctuate with 3-4 lbs of that in either direction.  I exercise a lot (Zumba is my favorite), so to maintain I did have to increase my calorie consumption a bit, but I did that with the help of my nutritionist.  For the first 16 months ****il goal), I had a protein goal of 60-70 grams per day and consumed 800 calories per day.  Of course, low carbs.  Now, I consume more like 1000-1100 per day.  And that's been helping me maintain.  I think, given the exercise, if I was still consuming just 800 calories per day, I'd probably still be losing.

Best wishes to you.  If you want to talk more about it or want more detail, I'm totally open to sharing. 

Are you living or are you existing?  Check out my blog at http://toexistortolive.blogspot.com to find out!
dori M.
on 4/8/12 2:51 pm - MD
 You look great!!!! Thanks for sharing. I am only 5 1/2 months into my journey. I love hearing success stories.

LawyerGirl
on 4/8/12 3:03 pm - Philadelphia, PA
 Thank you.  Looks like you're doing wonderfully so far.  Keep up the great work.

kidnamedtoad
on 4/8/12 2:57 pm
You look wonderful!
Toad         Starting weight: 249 Day of surgery wt: 217  GW: 109 CW 149                                                                    
LawyerGirl
on 4/8/12 3:02 pm - Philadelphia, PA
 Thanks!

dan434
on 4/8/12 4:47 pm - NJ
RNY on 05/22/12
you go girl can,t wait to start my journey!
Steen16
on 4/8/12 8:37 pm - Cape Coral, FL
You look fantastic!! I did the same as you and made my goal for 175 then changed to 165 when I kept losing. Finally I'm settled around 158 and fluctuate a couple this way and that. I'm very slow on the exercise portion, but am going to involve my son, so that should help us both out.  Continued good wishes on your lifelong journey!!
~Christine
Highest ever: 297
Pre-Op: 272 (height: 5' 7")
As of November 3rd: 159 (6 BELOW goal!!!!)
Goal: 165 
Pants size: 10  Shirt size: M

Kenny B.
on 4/8/12 8:51 pm - Leland, NC
RNY on 01/30/12
Awesome!!!  Your hard work has paid off. You look gorgeous! Hope you had a Blessed Easter.
 God Bless

Kenny B.
Philippians 4;6-7

Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 454 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 412 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 353 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 436 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 353 views