EGD/Colonoscopy. . . DONE!

longhornrose
on 4/9/12 12:43 am - South Texas
RNY on 09/13/12
Okay, I have to say it, even though it's been said hundreds and hundreds of times. . . the worst thing about getting these tests done is the prep work!  The bowel prep drink and its aftermath is absolutely awful, to put it very, very mildly.  But, I got through it, and the actual procedure(s) were so simple, it was almost funny.  Just wanted to let anyone who's facing these tests know how easy things were, and it's not necessary to worry about them.

Tests came out good, for the most part.  I have a few gastro issues, but they're mild, and according to my doctor, they shouldn't get in the way of my surgery.  Of course, that will ultimately be up to my surgeon to decide. 

So, that's that.  Still waiting on results of my psych eval, and I need to get my pap smear; once those are resolved, everything on my surgeon's list will be checked off.  

As Jackie Gleason used to say, ". . . and away we go!"  (. . . for those of you *****member who Jackie Gleason was, LOL!) 

Beth

Consult WT: 312   SW274   CW: 244

Day_dream_believer
on 4/9/12 2:34 am
Glad all went well.  Sharla

(deactivated member)
on 4/9/12 5:59 am
RNY on 05/07/12
Boy, I bet you are glad that is done. Is that a required test for your surgery? Just wondering, learning about all the different classes and test folks are having done. All the requirements vary from doctor to doctor. Best wishes!! Jane in California