Radio personality Big Boy had DS...

Cleopatra_Nik
on 4/10/12 3:57 am - Baltimore, MD

I saw him on the Wendy Williams show today. He was over 500 lbs. and has lost more than half of his weight.

My initial thought was to applaud him for his honesty about having WLS. He said that some time ago Will Smith challenged him to lose weight and offered up $1,000 for every pound he lost that he'd donate to the charity of Big Boy's choice and he did drop 111 lbs. but put it all back on.

He looks good. I have followed him for a while so it was rather odd for me to see him so small. I think I got a taste of what our relatives go through when they say we look too thin because he honestly did look a touch too thin, especially around the temples. Here's before/after pics:

I also really appreciated how he described the DS, saying it was "the most aggressive bypass option" he had and what he PERSONALLY needed to turn his relationship with food around.

Kudos to him on his honesty and for losing all that weight.

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

GeminiSnake
on 4/10/12 4:00 am
RNY on 03/20/12
He looks great and you can tell from his smile his gained confidence!

xtine
on 4/10/12 4:08 am - San Jose, CA
Good for him! He looks great!

HW: 295 / SW: 273 / CW: 169.4 / GW: 140 / Dream Goal: 120
Height: 5'3.5"  -  *22lbs of my weightloss was lost pre-surgery.

seattledeb
on 4/10/12 5:11 am
 I'm glad the DS is getting some publicity. I think it's a great surgery- particularly for higher BMI's.
Deb T

Donna D.
on 4/10/12 8:30 am - Cockeysville, MD
Wow Nik He do looks great, and I agree with you I am happy that he was open and honest about having WLS! I always did like Big Boy!!

HW:338  SW:316 CW:203 GW:190 MY HT IS 5"11"

Most Active
Recent Topics