OT, Kelly, your laundry soap....

grmadeb01
on 4/10/12 9:02 am - FL
thank you so much Kelly for the laurndry soap receipe.i finally got it made and its great...my colored clothes are so bright and clean, and my whites..holy cow...they are bright and white...i love it...thanks again
debby
poet_kelly
on 4/10/12 9:20 am - OH
I'm glad you like it.  And it's cheap and lasts forever!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

bridie_53
on 4/10/12 9:21 am - IL
RNY on 05/16/12
 what pray tell is this laundry soap you speak of?

poet_kelly
on 4/10/12 9:34 am - OH
Homemade laundry detergent.  It's easy to make, and very cheap.  Costs you about 2 cents per load and the recipe makes five gallons which lasts forever.

You need:

one bar Fels-Naptha laundry soap (I found it at the grocery store with the other bars of soap, like bath soap)

one cup Borax (in the laundry aisle)

one cup Arm and Hammer washing soda (not baking soda, and not Arm and Hammer laundry detergent, right by the Borax at the grocery store)

a five gallon bucket

Fill a big pot with water and put it on the stove to boil.  While you're waiting for it to boil, chop of the bar of soap.  When the water is boiling, put the soap bits in it and stir it and wait until the soap is completely melted, no chunks.

While you're waiting for the soap to melt, put the borax and washing soda in your bucket.  When the soap is all melted, dump that in the bucket and stir until the powdered stuff is all dissolved.  Then fill the bucket up the rest of the way with hot tap water.  Stir it often while it cools, which will take a while.

Use one cup for a full load of wash, less for a small load.  You can add some essential oil if you want to make it smell good, although it smells OK anyway.  It has a very clean smell.  But I put about 20 drops of eucalyptus oil in mine.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

bridie_53
on 4/10/12 9:55 am - IL
RNY on 05/16/12
 Thanks Kelly!

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 55 replies · 482 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 405 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 394 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?