Bowel movement dumping?

hope2beskinnyB
on 4/11/12 10:19 pm - NC
OK, so I am 5 months out now, and I am finding that I am having issues with constipation (like so many others).  I am going to start taking something everyday for this, but in the meantime, a question... Sometimes when I haven't had a bowel movement for awhile, I will suddenly have dizziness, shaking, and nausea and it will not subside until I have the BM.  Does this sound like something that has happened to anyone else?  At first I thought it was dumping, but it happened the other night at work and I hadn't eaten anything for hours.  It was so bad they sent me home.  This does tend to happen close to my cycle....Any thoughts?
Vivian Prouty
on 4/11/12 10:24 pm - Fort Worth, TX
 I have never heard of this.   If I were you I would go to the doctor and not delay and get it checked out.    They may need to do bloodwork to determine what is going on.    Good luck to you.

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Mary Catherine
on 4/11/12 10:52 pm
 I take two Benefiber tablets every day.  I have never heard of what you are experiencing and hope the doctors are able to help you.  I am wondering if it is due to anxiety.  There is also a delayed form of dumping that takes place long after you eat.  I would suggest sending a personal message to Beth aka Melting Mama and getting her insight.
sweet-tart2012
on 4/11/12 11:13 pm - TX
RNY on 02/16/12
Don't know about the bms but what you described at work sounds more like low blood sugar to me.  5 hours is too long to go without eating.  Keep some protein snacks in your drawer.  Eat something every 3 hours to keep blood sugar on an even keel. 

Juleelou
on 4/12/12 1:45 am - Kingston, NY
I had this happen to me during the first few months.  I also would get dumping like symptoms immediately after a BM.  Sometimes the "stress" of making poop can bring this on.  I'd go to your doctor, but wouldn't worry about it.  And if it happens at work, I'd just try and rest for 20 minutes or so and it should get better.
Julie W. 
Surgery 12/2/2008

BugdocMom
on 4/12/12 3:02 am - CA
I have also heard of this and experienced it a couple of times early post op. I am a very sensitive dumper and recognized that , although they are symptoms similar to "dumping syndrome," it was not actually dumping. But it DOES feel very similar. I assume it has something to do with rapid changes in fluid pressure in the bowels and perhaps the rest of your body.