Some People!!

shannon0731
on 4/17/12 3:27 am - LA
IF ONE MORE PERSON TELLS ME i NEED TO STOP LOSING WEIGHT, i AM GOING TO SCREAM!!

Thank you for letting me get that off my chest!  Really, what gives people the right to tell ME when I have lost enough weight??  One of my good friends and co worker had the surgery a year before me.  she looks positively wonderful!! is is petite and her new weight looks great on her small frame.  yet someone actually told me, "don;t get like _____.  she is too skinny".  I told this person that the only reason she thinks that is because she had been used to seeing my friend so heavy for so many years!  I guarantee anyone who meets my friend now would never dream foe saying she is too thin. 

I am 5 pounds from y initial goal. I feel I could successfully get down another 10 after that.  If I maintain another 15 pound loss, great.  if I inch back up, as I have heard some people do, to my initial goal weight I will be okay. Just don't ever want to get bigger than that. And when I tell people I want to lose another 5-15 pounds, some actually sneer! that is when I say, "of course, my doctor will be the one to tell me when he thinks I am too thin.  that is the only person I will listen to about that"!!  It will be the same with me as with my friend-everyone knows me as being fat!!

I am sure we are not the only ones who have heard these remarks. How do y'all handle them?

I'm Ready!

summerjoyZ
on 4/17/12 3:33 am - TN
 Who cares what they think. If you dont want their comments maybe dont share with those certain people any plans for more weight loss. Only you can deside what is best for you. 

Cleopatra_Nik
on 4/17/12 3:37 am - Baltimore, MD
I shrug it off. It's just one of the many things people say in a day to me that I don't agree with. I take what advice I can use from people and leave the rest.
laura_vermont
on 4/17/12 3:42 am
Get used to it. 

They won't stop. 

I simply don't discuss my weight anymore.  I have reminded people that it's not polite to ask a lady about her weight.

Also, do an honest assessment on yourself.  My weight is now in the "ideal" range - per my surgeon.  My face looks gaunt to me.... I hope in time that I will "redistribute".  So, some of the comments are justified. 
High Weight 278; consult weight 234; Surgery Weight 219 Surgeon's Goal Weight 150 -10/27/10  -  Personal goal weight 140 - Achieved 12/11/10  

twobabies06
on 4/17/12 4:00 am
THANK YOU!!!  When did it become appropriate or ok to ask people their weight or how much they have lost??  Espeicially people you don't even really know!  Just sayin', I don't ask people this. 

JUSTJUNQUIES
on 4/17/12 3:43 am - Citrus Heights, CA
RNY on 04/04/12
I am not there yet but my bypassed daughter's have and honestly I have been the one to say something ( as I have in the past lost 160 on my own, and WAS too thin) one daughter gets creases and wrinkle on her beautiful face when she is "to thin" the other daughter had 4 docs tell her , while they were looking at me( as if I was in charge of her ) that this "girl" (35) needs to gain weight , and she really did , you could see every rib and every vertebrae and her boobs where non existant. she has gained about 20 and is fine ( small).
I would really try not to engage others in conversations about my weight.

Donna Q. --5'8" -60 years old
Band 2005
hw320 sw276 lw with band 195 gw 160-180? 
Bypass 4/4/2012
pre sw 258 lw RNY 162 cw 203

latanyapal23
on 4/17/12 3:43 am
omg people say that to me you look fine. hope you are done losing?why the feel they need to tell me that.

AlohaJen
on 4/17/12 4:15 am
RNY on 09/05/12
I wonder if some people are really just jealous and don't want you to get any thinner? Or maybe they think they are complimenting you with that statement? or maybe they are just plain rude..... I haven't even told anyone about my planned surg, just my husband and 2 cousins... since I live 650 miles from the family, it is very easy to do that ! Good luck...

HW 304   SW 258  CW 199  GW  160?

Monica M.
on 4/17/12 4:54 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
smile and nod. Walk away.

mskris8199
on 4/17/12 5:42 am
RNY on 03/06/12
The crazy thing about this is that most people wouldn't dream of saying "you're too fat.  When are you going to start losing weight?"  Maybe they think it makes you feel good to say you're too thin?  People just don't think about the things they say sometimes and sometimes I think they say that because they wish they could get off that extra couple of pounds and they can't.
HW: 292 lbs.  GW:160 lbs.  Dream Weight: 140 lbs.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 568 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 353 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 220 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 458 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 374 views
Recent Topics