sweetners..can't for the life of me remember....

chrissyemerald
on 4/22/12 9:50 pm - Canada
 Just wondering why we shouldn't use most of the sweetners other than splenda, stevia and a couple more? I can't remember!!! LOL over 2 years out of surgery and apparently my brain is shot lol
Vivian Prouty
on 4/22/12 10:01 pm - Fort Worth, TX
 Hmmm....I've never heard this one.    I think we can pretty much use ANY of the artificial sweetners.    We do have to watch the sugar alchols due to gas issues that we can get but other than that I've never heard that we can't use any sweetner that we want.

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

chrissyemerald
on 4/22/12 10:02 pm - Canada
 I got a list from my dr, stating not to use anything but splenda (at the time) but there have been some others added as well now. I guess they are all different lol
Vivian Prouty
on 4/22/12 10:46 pm - Fort Worth, TX
 Yes....you are right.   ALL doctors are different.  You may want to contact your surgeon's office and ask them if they could send you their list again.   Hope you find out the information you are looking for.   

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

MEZ
on 4/22/12 10:45 pm - Wilmington, NC
Never heard that other than some can cause issues if you are sensitive.

Ellen            RNY      Surgery Date: 12/6/2011
5' 5.5"          Surgery BMI 37.5        HW 254            SW 230         GW 150 - reached 11/6/12 

Monica M.
on 4/22/12 11:11 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
I've never heard that we can't use sweeteners, unless, like someone else said, you're sensitive to sugar alcohols.

Where are you from? did you know we have an ontario forum? (if you're from ONtario, that is)

chrissyemerald
on 4/22/12 11:33 pm - Canada
 Yes i am from ontario, but i got my surgery done in utica ny. i dont have any sensitivities, so i should be fine i guess :)
Monica M.
on 4/23/12 1:06 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
you should come check out our ontario forum, lots of nice friendly people, good supports!