The Gym and I

Spudgrl
on 4/24/12 1:59 pm - Kuna, ID
I don't gym post often, but I have to tonight....due to unforeseen cir****tances at the place that employs me, I was delayed and running late for my Zumba class..always a bummer to have to miss it for me especially after a stressful day. I decided I would go to the gym anyways and take it out on the treadmill.....well, tonight, I ran at least the same length of time if not more time than I walked which is a huge accomplishment for me...and I also figured out what makes Biggest Loser contestants puke --- heart rate in the 180's for any duration of time sends your stomach into your throat..so tonight I share that I am proud of ME!!!!

HW 410/CW165/GW165
Remember the past, Live in the present, Trust in the future........

Cherokeesage
on 4/24/12 2:28 pm
RNY on 02/24/12

Banded  Oct 2008:  290       
RNY Feb 2012:        245    
Dr's set goal:            170 reached Oct 11, 2012
My goal:                     160  reached Dec 1, 2012
Today :                       145-150

I am half the person I was in 2008.

(deactivated member)
on 4/24/12 2:41 pm - San Diego, CA
RNY on 03/21/12
 Way to go!
IL_Pamela
on 4/25/12 4:05 pm - Des Plaines, IL
You go!  Zumba looks like fun and I would like to be able to try it one day!  I hope to one day have enough energy and courage to go into a gym again and hopefully not be stared at all the time I am there.  The last time I was on a treadmill, I think I walked about 15-20 min. not a terribly fast pace and when I got off of it, I almost couldn't stand - my legs were like spaghetti.  Haven't tried ti again, I was so scared.  That was years ago.  I don't know how the contestants on the Biggest Loser do all that they do.  I think my heart would fail - when my pulse races and I feel my heart in my throat - I know, what you mean, I feel sick and then I get scared.  LOL  Anyhow, good for you!