Think I'm finally on my way

longhornrose
on 4/24/12 6:38 am - South Texas
RNY on 09/13/12
Yesterday I was frustrated (and posted about it).  Today, all is better.

After several unanswered phone calls and increasing frustration, I talked to the Office Manager in my surgeon's office, who turns out to be his wife.  After going back and forth with both of us getting a little irate with one another, I now understand what's been going on, and I think it's all been worked out.

He is in transition.  His office is now here, but he's still seeing old patients in San Antonio, and establishing a clinic in San Angelo.  His staff here (wife and another person) are in the process of learning the insurance and billing part of everything, so another facility in S.A. has been helping out.  Needless to say, there's been some confusion and some miscommunication.

As it turns out, the only thing they've been waiting on is my psych eval, which I was told had already been sent.  That was one of the things lost in the shuffle, but I contacted the psych office, and it's now been faxed to my surgeon.  On to insurance now.  She said it wouldn't take long with the insurance company, so I should know something soon.  Downside is the first available date for surgery is June 1, but that's the day my son graduates from high school, and there's no way I'm missing that!  So, next date will be July 6.  That's tentative, of course, but at least it's light at the end of the tunnel. 

Truth is, the very best part of the conversation is that when I told her that because of all the confusion over paperwork etc., I was kind of concerned about after surgery, and whether or not I would be able to get in touch with the doctor if there were issues.  She heatedly told me that she had the phone with her 24/7, and it was always answered, so that if there was a problem, the doctor would know about it immediately, and would respond.  She said he cares a great deal for his patients and would never allow a problem to be overlooked or ignored.  Her sincerity was obvious, so I am much relieved and happy that he's doing my surgery.

I'm feeling much more relaxed now, and totally willing to sit back and let things happen.  I've got lots of things to do on my  part, like work on my diet - which I've been doing, but it's a work in progress - and keep working on my head and finding ways to fill emotional needs without eating.

Okay, so I'm getting on with my life now!  Ever grateful to have a place to come (OH) and share my little triumphs and tragedies.   

Consult WT: 312   SW274   CW: 244

Cherokeesage
on 4/24/12 6:44 am
RNY on 02/24/12
For your sake I am glad you had the entire conversation because you will be at peace going into surgery.

Banded  Oct 2008:  290       
RNY Feb 2012:        245    
Dr's set goal:            170 reached Oct 11, 2012
My goal:                     160  reached Dec 1, 2012
Today :                       145-150

I am half the person I was in 2008.

JUSTJUNQUIES
on 4/24/12 9:22 am - Citrus Heights, CA
RNY on 04/04/12
so glad you got that straightened out. You never know , maybe after you are approved they may have a surgery cancelation and they can get you in.....never know

Donna Q. --5'8" -60 years old
Band 2005
hw320 sw276 lw with band 195 gw 160-180? 
Bypass 4/4/2012
pre sw 258 lw RNY 162 cw 203