side dish ideas...

grmadeb01
on 4/29/12 8:19 am - FL
ok, i pretty much have the protein down pact....we eat alot of meat, and i am fine with that....post op...we were meat and taters....now the meat is fine..but looking for different side dishes to go along with the meat...hubby still likes his taters, but now i eat the meat and fruit...fresh fruit of course....
we aren too much into casseroles, but not totally oppposed either....

thanks for any ideas you have
debby
JJ_
on 4/29/12 8:59 am
I love cooked cauliflower or squash or green beans or salad.

Judy
wendydettmer
on 4/29/12 9:09 am - Rochester, NY
i like roasted veggies, fruit, salads, bean salad, etc.

Follow my vegan transition at www.bariatricvegan.com
HW:288    CW:146.4   GW: 140    RNY: 12/22/11  

littleskie
on 4/29/12 10:39 am - freeport, TX
RNY on 08/19/09 with
Fruit has lots of carbs, so I eat fruit sparingly.

I eat lots of squashes, turnips, rutabega, cauliflower, broccoli, cabbage and such. I also eat beans. I know they have carbs but they are also high in fiber and very filling.

Meals for me pro-op was a starch, protein and a veggie. Now it's a protein and a veggie or two. I will occasionally do a starch but then I try to do a healthy-ish kind like beans or turnips.

When want something sweet I use coconut flour, almond meal, and/or flax meal. I make one minute muffins a.k.a. microwave cup cakes because they are made in a coffee cup. So you end up with a single or two servings depending on how large the cup is and how much you can eat.

Met my first goal, met my second goal, met my surgeons goal. Now I have a new goal!

Leisa L.
on 4/29/12 1:12 pm - long beach, CA
RNY on 03/19/12 with
 do you have a recepie for one min muffins?  could you share please.

thank you,

leisa

Kat Kat
on 4/29/12 12:41 pm - AZ
3 easy sides I had tonight with roast pork loin were:

Warm Apple Sauce:
Dice 2 apples, add 1/8 c water, splenda and cinnamon to desired sweetness and 1 tsp butter.

Simmer until apples soften, place in blender, and blend until smooth. Return to pan and coo****il apple sauce thickens. Serve warm with, or over pork loin.

Spinach Souffle
Stop at Giant, go to Natural freezer section, look for Garden Lites Spinach Souffle, bring home,  microwave. Total time in oven 5 1/2 minutes.

7 oz Serving (you'll most likely eat less than half though)
Cals 140
Fat 1.5 gr
Carbs 26 gr
Fiber 4 gr
Sugar 6 gr
Protein 10 gr

Heinz Pork Gravy
Open bottle, pour in bowl, and heat in microwave

happy_baker
on 4/29/12 1:21 pm
RNY on 02/15/12
Quinoe is a grain that makes a lovely pilaf-like side dish, and it's a whole protein, so you get a bonus serving of protein.

I like roasted veggies--brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes, squash, asparagus, broccoli.

Bean salad--edamame, lentils, black beans, and chickpeas. High fiber and protein.

Lentil salad - cold, steamed black lentils, feta, balsamic, and red onion.

Mashed caulifower and gravy

Wild rice

Green salad with tomato, onion, olives, etc.

_._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. 
Check out my video blog!  www.youtube.com/user/HappilyShrinking/videos
Highest weight: 269.  Surgery weight: 233.  Goal weight: 144, and then we'll see.. 
dasie
on 4/29/12 8:08 pm
baked sweet potatoes, sauteed fresh spinach, steamed broccoli, squash, salads, beans, asparagus,  green beans...really any vegetable that you like

Most Active
Recent Topics