Mini Meatloaves

Trianni
on 5/2/12 11:05 am - Maryville, TN
RNY on 04/02/12
Someone gave me a recipe for bariatric meatloaf that sounds very good and someone else suggested that I divide the mixture up into foil-cup lined muffin pans to bake and freeze. Problem is, no one seems to know how long to bake the mini meatloaves without drying them out. Has anyone out there tried this with success?

Today marks exactly one month since my surgery. I've lost 23 lbs since surgery and 76 lbs since my highest weight last summer. It's amazing how much better I'm feeling and how much more active I'm being able to be. Feeling pretty happy with myself!
Monica M.
on 5/2/12 11:14 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
start at 10 minutes. move up from there. its not rocket science, really. If they're not done, cook them longer. if they turn out dry, cook them less next time.

twobabies06
on 5/2/12 11:14 am
I would say 15 min, 20 tops.  I put cheese in my meatloaf, yum!  If you want to try it you just put some of the meat mixture (whatever your recipe is), put cheese on top and then more meat mixture.  Make sure it seals, it still may spill out a little I guess.  A little extra protein and doesn't dry out either for sure!~

MikesJulie
on 5/2/12 12:31 pm - MA
RNY on 02/07/12
Trianni....that is a great idea.. thanks for the post.  Good luck with the cooking time...i guess you could always do trial and error..that is what im going to do.  and Congratulations on your weight loss.. that is wonderful that you are feeling so much better...  Keep up the good work.

Monica M... i dont see anywhere in her post where she asked for such a ****y answer like the one you gave.  Maybe you shoud try being a bit nicer next time...you know being nice isnt exactly rocket science either!!!
 (HW) 246 (Pre op weight loss) 9lbs (Surgery weight) 237  (1mo) 19lbs
Cherokeesage
on 5/2/12 1:18 pm
RNY on 02/24/12
I've not made the mini meat loaves but have baked meatballs which would probably be similar in size.  I bake 25-30 minutes.  If you have a meat thermometer it should read 160 F or 70 C.   Another way I test is to cook just one of something, tweak the time and then bake the rest of the batch.  Happy Eating

Banded  Oct 2008:  290       
RNY Feb 2012:        245    
Dr's set goal:            170 reached Oct 11, 2012
My goal:                     160  reached Dec 1, 2012
Today :                       145-150

I am half the person I was in 2008.

JaneJetson
on 5/2/12 4:24 pm
RNY on 05/07/12
 Hi Trianni,
Am so glad to see your posts! I know in the beginning it was rough going,  so I am happy for you for doing so well.  I understand the cooking issue with the mini-meatloaves.  Let us know what you came up with on the temperature and time.  Love your name by the way.!  Jane in California
Cherokeesage
on 5/2/12 4:42 pm
RNY on 02/24/12
If you've never tried it, salsa is good on meatloaf.  My family including the grandkids love meatloaf but I no longer put the sweet topping on my serving.  Once you can eat lettuce, it is also good wrapped in a lettuce leaf.  I like to make the orginal loaf and put my skinny slice on top of mashed potatoes thinned with FF chicken broth and FF milk or plain yogurt.

Banded  Oct 2008:  290       
RNY Feb 2012:        245    
Dr's set goal:            170 reached Oct 11, 2012
My goal:                     160  reached Dec 1, 2012
Today :                       145-150

I am half the person I was in 2008.

qnmimi
on 5/2/12 4:48 pm - Cottage Grove, MN
I made these monday...I baked them for 35 minutes at 350 degrees. It helped that I precooked the vegies and quinoa I mixed the meat with. I didn't use a liner either, just sprayed the pan, but liners would help with the clean up

southbay311
on 5/3/12 1:12 am - NV
RNY on 02/22/12
Trianni

Congrat on the weight loss and mini meatloaves sound good. I have been buying the lean cuisine meatloaf dinner with mashed potatoes and this idea will save some $$$. Thanks for the great suggestion.
H/W 326   S/W 287                                                                                     GW 145                                                      
Most Active
Recent Topics