Birth Control

K B.
on 5/6/12 10:16 pm
RNY on 04/30/12
As I have been told the pill does not always work after surgery. What have other people used in the past to protect againts pregnancy?...other than a condom.

Dave Chambers
on 5/6/12 10:19 pm - Mira Loma, CA

Yes, my surgeon's nurse stresses this birth control pill malabsorption issue for post ops.  TWO FORMS of birth control are strongly suggested to prevent pregnancy during the wt loss process.  DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

soozieq
on 5/6/12 10:32 pm
This is something I need to bring up at my appointment on Friday.  I have my pills, but I haven't started them yet (they said to wait until 4 weeks post op).  We are done having kids and because of my PCOS, we've never had to deal with any kind of birth control before.  So now I'm completely freaked out and won't let my husband come near me. lol..

I told my husband he needs to go pick up some condoms but he hasn't... so I guess I'll need to be proactive and get some myself.  Ugh.  I hate this.
Suzanne    RNY:  4/17/12  -   HW:  267  -   SW: - 256  -   GW:  150           
lanagirl
on 5/7/12 2:45 am
Just out of curiosity, if you are done having kids why not have the hubby have a vasectomy? Mine did over 10 years ago and it's so freeing to NEVER have to worry about birth control! Which is nice when you lose a lot of weight and have sex all the time! Just another NSV to look forward to.

soozieq
on 5/7/12 3:14 am
I told him to get a vasectomy but I think he's scared.  I told him I don't want to get a hysterectomy because I don't want to have ANOTHER surgery.  It's his turn! lol...
lanagirl
on 5/7/12 3:49 am
Here's a thought..... buy him some tight condoms and make him wear 2 -just in case- and then ask him again about it! My husband practically ran to get it done when I agreed and 10 years of happy sex later he never once has regrettted it! Tell him to suck it up! It only hurts for like 2 days and they don't even put him to sleep.

soozieq
on 5/7/12 5:20 am
LOL!  It's a good thing I haven't bought condoms yet.  I think I might have to do that.  He just called me from work and I asked him if he had thought anymore about a V and he said he's still thinking about it.

Well.. think about it quickly, buddy!
lanagirl
on 5/7/12 8:32 am
My husband would like to tell you that the Vasectomy post op kit should contain, 12 pack of beer and steady diet of vicoden. Maybe that will sway him!

fresmaestra
on 5/6/12 11:30 pm
I had surgery Dec. 14th and we have been doing the pill/condom thing...it's a drag and we hate it!  So, I have an appointment this Friday to get an IUD put in.  No more condoms and works for 5 years and if I'm really lucky, no more periods either!
fawnracene
on 5/6/12 11:48 pm
RNY on 06/06/12
 Im trying to get in to get into see my Gyno to get the Mirena before surgery and talk to her about my options post op. But her damn MA never gets back to me. Not sure my significant other is going to be to pleased about condoms. But I dont want to try having kids until at least 3 years post-op so he might have to deal with it. 
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 466 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 425 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 441 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views