mobic after roux en y

sealebaby
on 5/7/12 11:27 am - BLOUNTSTOWN, FL
Does anyone use mobic for pain, as we were told to never use ANSAIDS after surgery.

mskris8199
on 5/7/12 1:36 pm
RNY on 03/06/12
 I used it prior but my surgeons nurse said it like an NSAID on steroids and one of the worst ones.
HW: 292 lbs.  GW:160 lbs.  Dream Weight: 140 lbs.

Cherokeesage
on 5/7/12 1:39 pm
RNY on 02/24/12
I used mobic and tramadol for knee pain prior to surgery.  I had to give up mobic post op.

Banded  Oct 2008:  290       
RNY Feb 2012:        245    
Dr's set goal:            170 reached Oct 11, 2012
My goal:                     160  reached Dec 1, 2012
Today :                       145-150

I am half the person I was in 2008.

rbb825
on 5/7/12 2:07 pm - Suffern, NY

One big fat NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

I took the stuff preop several times, the first time I got an ulcer.  I stopped it.  A year later my arthritis was really bad and my rheumatologist told me that it was probably a coincidence that this type of arthritis is less likely than the others to cause an ulcer, well within 2 weeks the second time, I had a really severe ulcer - thank goodness I stopped it because it had just started to bleed and in only 2 weeks.  The stuff can do some damage and that is with having gastric bypass.  I cant imagine what it would do to me now.  We just cant take any NSAIDS, pills, capsules, gels, IV's, patches= no matter how you take it, the way they work is they thin the lining of your stomach lining and when any acid comes into contact with it, you get ulcers.  We have had alot of  early post ops told that they could take IV toradol with no problems since it was an IV and sure enough, shortly afterwards, they not only had an ulcer but they had bleeding and marginal ulcers which can cause you to need additional surgeries.  They are really serious - they are ulcers on the staple line.

Mobic is an NSAID!!!!!!  stay away from it

Most Active
Recent Topics