Normal?

Trianni
on 5/10/12 11:51 am - Maryville, TN
RNY on 04/02/12
I'm almost afraid of eating anything anymore. I did pretty well until my fourth week, when I was told to start incorporating "moist and tender" meat into my diet, which I did with only a small amount of success. Now it seems I'm going backward. Food that I was able to eat I suddenly can't tolerate anymore. I'm now at a point where it seems the only thing I can eat with no problem is cheese and the occasional egg. Everything else makes me sick. And all that cheese is plugging up the plumbing. Is it normal to sometimes go backwards during your recovery and what do you do when you desperately need some fiber but can't eat any?
poet_kelly
on 5/10/12 11:54 am - OH
You need to call your doc in the morning because that "going backward" is a symptom of a stricture.  I'm not saying you have a stricture, but you could.

As far as the fiber goes, you get a fiber supplement like Benefiber or use something like Miralax.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Trianni
on 5/10/12 7:58 pm - Maryville, TN
RNY on 04/02/12
Thank you for your quick response! I was really hoping NOT to hear (or read) that word: stricture, but I can see where the possibility exists. This morning I mixed myself a protein shake and its sitting pretty heavy in my tummy. Not a good sign! As for the Benefiber, I'll ask my surgeon's office about it. I don't see where it would hurt but I just want to be sure.
Lady Lithia
on 5/10/12 12:04 pm
I agree with what Kelly said, but I did want to ask ... what meat are you eating... some people have issues with certain types of meat. Even over four years out I have problems with chicken (half the time I know while chewing the first bite it won't work)... pork and turkey are also questionable, and rough beef is also questionable. All cooked fish makes me queasy (raw is a true delight to my tummy though).

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

Trianni
on 5/10/12 7:55 pm - Maryville, TN
RNY on 04/02/12
Thank you for your response! I can't eat chicken at all. I've tried it several different ways and can't tolerate it no matter how moist it is. I had been able to eat ground meat, like beef and turkey, particular in chili and meat loaf but not anymore. Same goes for deli ham. The only fish I've tried was tuna and that was a disaster. This morning I fixed myself a protein shake and its sitting pretty heavy in my tummy. It's definitely not a good sign when you can't even drink a protein shake!
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 55 replies · 482 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 405 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 394 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 341 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 166 views
Recent Topics