"Paying it Forward; Building Bridges for WLS Patients"

gm8376
on 5/14/12 6:39 am
 The way they do it is smart. The long term post-op group is immediately before the pre-op/recent post-op group, so they get many of the post ops to stay for both and share experiences with the pre-ops, after they've had their own time. 

SuzysJourney72
on 5/14/12 6:52 am - Wilmington, NC
I go to the same support group as Ellen (MEZ) here in Wilmington.  I agree with her comments that they have poor attendance and unusual topics.  They also don't seem very organized, which is why they never seem to end on time.  I would like if we did more round table discussions and have people bring up questions they have (or even email in hot topics for discussion prior to the meeting) so that they can be answered within the group and with the PA.  So far I have not seen that in the few months I have been attending.  Last month's group was about what steps to take to avoid regain and was geared towards those 1 1/2 and more after surgery, yet there was only one post op attending that night.  I want to keep going for the support but honestly, I have found I get more support here. lol

BellaSaid35
on 5/14/12 7:09 am
 Hi Ellen!!! We met at a support group but I doubt you remember me! I am so glad to see you doing so well. I had my surgery with Dr Harris on Valentines Day. :) I don't go to the support groups mostly because I have 2 kiddos and my husband travels. 

Rny 2.14.12

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 458 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 530 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 511 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 400 views
Recent Topics