OMG! Blackberries.. help please!

oceansunset70
on 5/15/12 10:19 pm - RI
Ok so i had some fruit salad on mothers day maybe a scoop full..strawberries..blackberries honeydew melon..well i got sick about 1 hour after eating it and now omg i go a dull pain feeling on my right side  that wont go away..i felt fine this whole time ..nothing bothered me but omg never never again..no blackberries for me..ive had strawberries alone was fine..had melon alone been fine..but i neverh had a blackberrie till now..but omg never again..

So has anyone ever exsperieced this after eating some..did i mess up?> do u think a seed from blackberry get stuck and it telling me...?> 

any input is good..

thanks pam
beth1010
on 5/15/12 11:55 pm
RNY on 08/01/11 with

I have never had this happen with fruit before.

Did this pain only happen after eating fruit? I started with a dull pain in my side in the upper quadrant when my gall bladder was going out.

Solio
on 5/15/12 11:58 pm - China
if you're still hurting from Sunday, that might be something you want to discuss with your doctor.  a seed could have gotten stuck, tho I'm no expert on that, maybe one of the veterans who's further along could help with that.

it could have been the combined sugar of the three fruits together.  

I've gotten sick a few times.  on rice mostly.  sometimes we're ok, sometimes we're not.  and apple juice, i had it once about 3 months after surgery, threw up and spent the rest of the day in bed!

trying new foods is what you're supposed to be doing.  You didn't mess up, you just found something that didn't work for you.  I'm pretty sure that happens to most (if not all) RNY-ers. 

Keep your head up!  You can do this!

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/16/12 12:25 am
I eat blackberries. Lots of them. This is one of the fruits that my body can tolerate really easy. One of very few.
Maybe the combination of the fruits - or too many fruits at once was your issue? or maybe - you have other issues going on?  My first pain episode due to hernia and twisted bowels was after I ate bunch of blueberries. I thought blueberries caused the pain.  

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

LJ1972
on 5/16/12 1:34 am - FL
if it is lower abdomen then maybe the seed irritated something in the bowels. I love blackberries and have no trouble with them.
Also, if it is lower abdomen around / just above your hip bone, and you still have your appendix, could be nothing to do with the blackberries. If it is still hurting maybe call your doc.
cody62809
on 5/16/12 1:35 am - MA
RNY on 01/31/12
I know that berries are high in fiber.  I'm not sure about blackberries in particular but I know that raspberries have a hefty amount.  If you've been low on fiber and then upped your intake quickly that can cause your stomach to hurt.  Just a possibility!
Submitted:  11/23/11, Approved:  12/14/11, Surgery Date:  1/31/12; HW:  285, CW:  188  
oceansunset70
on 5/16/12 2:08 am - RI
Thanks to all i called surgeon office waiting to hear back..but i did call my nut..she thinks it might have aggrevated something in my lower bowel to take some colace and drink alot of water ...to flu**** out..if that dont help i have to go into er ..where my surgery was done just to make sure...

The pain is down on the right side infront but kinda near my hip..dull pain..pain like i have to go to the bathroom real bad which i went but still there..

so meantime sipping on fluids and waiting to hear from surgeons office..

hope for the best with this one...i will not be eating blackberries again 1st and only time lol...
Most Active
Recent Topics