Pre op diet

maggaggie
on 5/19/12 11:50 pm - MO
RNY on 05/29/12
I can't stop cheating on this diet. I'm on day 6 and have only lost a few pounds. Any tips on how to make it through this?

Surgery 5/29/12...
suzeqxoxo
on 5/20/12 12:01 am
I have been there... I had my surgery May 1st and it was sooo hard- Are you on the liver shrink diet? Look at what you are cheating with.. if it is fat or carbs then that is the problem. I was so hungry on my pre op diet that I would drink crystal light 16.9 oz before each meal so I was fuller faster- then eat my protein veggies etc.. and if I was still hungry I would drink another flavor to fill my "void"..
What is the hardest food to stay away from?
Scaura
on 5/20/12 12:04 am - Fort Collins, CO
Stop cheating!  :)

No really, this is a lifestyle change, but it is so hard to modify behavior when you don't have your tool in place which is the entire reason for surgery.  I have no real words of wisdom since my surgeons require no diet pre-op, just no food after 11pm the day before surgery. 

Stay strong and know that this is temporary.  You CAN do ANYTHING for a short period of time.  Make a deal with yourself that YOU are far too important to fail and YOU will do what has been asked of you, no matter what.  You can stop cheating because you have total control over everything that goes in your mouth.  Don't pick up anything that you shouldn't eat and just do not put it in your mouth.  The finish line is in sight for surgery and it is too important to you not to do what is required of you.  Head hunger is a ***** but you are so much stronger that it.  Make the active choice to follow your plan and just do it.

NOTHING tastes as good and thinner and healthier are going to feel!!!  Believe that you can do anything you put your mind to and you will be successful.  Believe in yourself!!

Laura
HW: 311  SW:264 (size 24)  CW: 174 (size 14)  Surgeon's Goal: 176 My GW: 149
Weight Loss Month 1: 20 pounds!  Weight Loss Month 2: 17 pounds!
Weight Loss Month 3: 12 pounds!  Weight Loss Month 4: 10 pounds!

Weight Loss Month 5: 12 pounds!  Weight Loss Month 6: 6 pounds!

Weight Loss Month 7: 6 pounds!   Weight Loss Month 8:

25 pound to my goal!

Mandy R.
on 5/20/12 12:05 am - Callahan, FL
Stay strong.  Please don't cheat, it is for your own good !!  Decarb/Desoda before surgery or you will be miserable after !
Mandy

HW-298  SW-251 Loss/Month post RNY(1)-23.5,(2)-23.3,(3)-9.9,(4)-10.6,(5)-8.9,(6)-7.7,(7)-4.2,(8)-7.5,(9)-1.7,(10)-10.8*first goal reached*,(11)-6,(12)-1.3,(13)-0.3,(14)+2.9-*changed scales that weigh 2lbs heavier*,(15)-0.3(16)-4.7(17),+5.8(18)-1.5,(19)+4.4,(20)-+4,(21)-1.2,(22)+3.5,(23)

MaleNurse78
on 5/20/12 12:28 am - Bossier City , LA
 Had my surgery on May 14th, had to do a 10 day all liquid diet pre-op, no solid food what so ever, I lost 18 pounds during those 10 days it was amazing. I am not saying it was easy but every time i wanted to cheat I had to remind myself that I was only cheating myself. After about day 4 or 5 it became much easier, it was never easy but does get easier. You have to keep yourself busy. After surgery my Doctor even commented to me about how good my liver looked and told me that losing the fat in the liver was the best assistance he could have gotten. He said it also lessened the time in surgery. Remember no one will know that you cheated but you and your surgeon. Be strong it is a small price to pay for a lifetime of change. 

poet_kelly
on 5/20/12 1:16 am - OH
Why can't you stop cheating?

I think what you mean is that the pre op diet is very hard so you are choosing not to stick to it.  Why are you making that choice?

Will your surgeon still operate if you have not done the pre op diet?  Or will your surgery have to be postponed?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Paige F.
on 5/20/12 1:38 am - NC
I just had my surgery on May 14th, so I recently completed the 3 week diet.  It is harder in the beginning.  Once I got myself into a routine of eating at certain times it got better.  Truthfully, the last week was much easier as your body adjusts.  One thing that kept me on the right path was that I read about people who were opened up for surgery, then closed back up because their liver hadn't shrunk enough.  They then had to repeat the 3 week diet and go back for surgery.
That was enough to keep me in line!!
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 455 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 354 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 437 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?