Just need some cheering up please.

virvin
on 5/20/12 11:47 am - CO
I am almost a year post-op.  I have gone from 325 down to 205.  I have 5 more pounds to get to my doctor's goal weight for me and 25 to get to mine.  I have definitely plateaued and I'm not happy about it.  I'm getting my protein and fluids in.  I'm walking more and even doing Zumba.  I am going to start swimming again as soon as I can find a swimsuit.  I've gone from a size 32 in pants down to a 14.  I am down from a 32 top to a 16.  My blood pressure used to be regularly 235/190 and now I'm consistently at 105/65.  I'm off all meds except for my asthma and thyroid.  I don't need a seatbelt extender when I fly any more and if I get stuck in a middle seat...it's not a panic attack any more.

Yes, I see that is all good stuff, but I'm stuck on the number.  I had knee surgery in December and my knee is not getting better.  I've tried new injections and that's not helping either.  I am on pain meds but I can't take them during the day as they make me loopy.  I'm tired of hurting and I really, really, REALLY want to be below 200.  Why is this sooo hard??  Saying I'm 205 seems the same as saying I'm 295...I'm still in the 200's. 

I've got lots of loose skin and not sure I can ever afford the plastic surgery to have it removed.  I excercise as much as I can but it is still there.  I thought there would be an "end" to this process...but I'm learning there is not an end...it's just a new process.

Sorry to be such a downer on a Sunday...but I'm having a tough time.

HW - 325           SW - 310          GW - 200/190           CW - 203 - May 5, 2012

april89love
on 5/20/12 11:52 am - NC
It is very normal for a plateau to occur at this point. I went a couple of months without losing an ounce. It will start up again. I understand about the loose skin, my granddaughter enjoys playing with my batwings. She thinks they are funny...she is 2. I will not be getting plastic surgery anytime soon. At least the extra skin is fun for someone.

Sandy

HW 225, SW 219, GW 140, CW 124

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!  

courtwillbehealthy
on 5/20/12 11:57 am - burlington, VT
From what iv learned from my surgeon  you stop around a year then lose some more after a few weeks, chin up sweetie im sure you will start losing again. just keep doing what your doing and keep thinking positive im here for you :) 

JUSTJUNQUIES
on 5/20/12 12:01 pm - Citrus Heights, CA
RNY on 04/04/12
awwww , you have done so good!!!, it may not seem like it but your brain knows it is true.
I am been sitting in a chair for over 2 years because of my knees and hip and often wonder if this surgery will even work !! I take pain meds every day , I previously had the band and some say that will doom me to be a slow looser...a looser none the less!!
Tryr to concentrate on the positive and do what you can to change up you are eating , that might help.
I wish you all the best!!! 

Donna Q. --5'8" -60 years old
Band 2005
hw320 sw276 lw with band 195 gw 160-180? 
Bypass 4/4/2012
pre sw 258 lw RNY 162 cw 203

juleskar
on 5/20/12 12:41 pm
I feel for you..same situation..
I want to be at a certain number NOW, and I wish for plastic surgery I'll never be a able to afford.
All I can say is keep following your doctors orders, and that dumb scale will move.
(((HUGS)))
Carol M.
on 5/21/12 9:51 am - TX
 You have done well.  Try to be a litte more patient with yourself.  You didn't put on all that weight in a year why do you think it should come off in a year.  I have knee problems, also.  I am not on any RX meds for them right now, but some med can slow down weight loss or even cause weight gain.
You need to make a list of all the positives over the last year and compare it against the negatives.  I think you will see which one is the larger list.  Also, you may not be eating enough to keep your metabolism up.  The body will figure out it isn't getting enough calories and will go into hibernation mode and the weight loss stops.  I have a tendency to eat the same old thing at home most of the time.  But when I travel or visit family or friends for a few day, my eating changes and I usually lose a couple of pounds. My body doesn't feel like it is being deprived, so it gets back in the game, so to speak.  Not saying one should just abandon their eating plan.  But it doesn't hurt to "shake it" up once in awhile.
Just keep on doing what you know is right and living your life and you will continue to see results.
BTW, water aerobics are great for non-impact excercise especially for those of us with bad knees.  I go 2 times a week.
Carol , East Texas
tulips52
on 5/21/12 11:15 am
 Big hugs for you...what a fear we have when that scale doesn't move...Grrrrrr..  I had a LOT of loose skin before surgery so I can imagine how horrible it's gonna be later.  

Wooohooo for what you have lost!!! ..And to be in those sizes!!!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 428 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 385 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 303 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 428 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 303 views