Having my EKG today plus tales of grocery store visit!

Dolladollabill
on 5/24/12 12:42 am - CA
 So today I am having my EKG. Never had one before. After that my doctor should release me as surgically and medically clear. Then the next step is to get the upper GI and gallbladder scan. 

So I am currently in the beginning stages of my pre-op diet. 2 weeks in. My wife asks me to stop off at the grocery store to pick up 2 items for our dinner. OMG... That was so hard. Not only did everything in the store look so good (even the crap I never would eat in the deli fried section) they had a beer I had been wanting to try. They had desserts that looked so good. I was telling myself it's ok have a little treat you have been so good! NO! I had to stop the madness... I hit the checkout cashed out the 2 things my wife asked to get and got the hell out of there. My demons were kicking my arse! I pushed through! 

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/24/12 1:02 am
It will get better... trust me... There will be a day that you can walk there.. and you would not care.. one way or another...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

southbay311
on 5/24/12 1:23 am - NV
RNY on 02/22/12
Congrats and be proud of the commitment that this takes. I remember starting the process and running errands and being out it seemed so weird not to stop and pick up fast food.  Now I don't even think about it.

It does get easier and the cravings and lessen.
H/W 326   S/W 287                                                                                     GW 145                                                      
Dagne Tripplehorn
on 5/24/12 1:25 am - OR
RNY on 04/06/12
 Oh, man. Grocery stores.
Now that my appetite's returning, food shopping is a haunted house horror tour. Day before yesterday I got out of the place with only what was on my list, but it was a disturbing experience. Funny how white cheddar crap puffs and handmade biscotti lean out from their shelves and grab at my sleeves...weird how the packages are the size of a Volkswagen and pulsing with neon color...and the din as the committee in my head goes bananas...
I hope I'm getting mentally tougher.

Dolladollabill
on 5/24/12 1:55 am - CA
 LOL - hell of a marketing push. Neon lights on the packages now. Next thing you know, the boxes will be saying stuff like "eeeeat meeeee!" "eeeeat meeee!"

Dagne Tripplehorn
on 5/24/12 2:25 am - OR
RNY on 04/06/12
 Don't they already say "eeeeeat meeee!"?
Or, OMG, is it just me that hears it?
happy_baker
on 5/24/12 2:02 am
RNY on 02/15/12
 The grocery store is a tough place for me to be. It brings out my creative side--I'm not drawn to the junk, really, but I see all these neat ingredients and exotic vruits, and lovely colors and aromas and textures, and I want to buy them all and spend days in my kitchen, experimenting.  But then that never actually happens and tons of stuff goes to waste. 

Anyway, yeah--grocery stores are full of temptation. Good for you for sticking to your guns and your plan! Way to go! Good luck on the end of your testing, I hope everything goes well. 
_._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. 
Check out my video blog!  www.youtube.com/user/HappilyShrinking/videos
Highest weight: 269.  Surgery weight: 233.  Goal weight: 144, and then we'll see.. 
Dolladollabill
on 5/24/12 2:12 am - CA
 Thanks! I am really looking forward to it. My wife and kids are really next to me on this. They are helping me be excited about it as well keep focus. My daughter (9) asked mommy the other day when I was having my Psch eval, if I will look different when I get home. So my wife explained to her that no not yet but soon I will look different. That I will be the size of her uncle. So my daughter says, "daddy will have a goatee!" 

Life is great and my family is awesome. I have a great reason for doing this as well I have the best support network anyone could ask for.

Dolladollabill
on 5/24/12 2:15 pm - CA
 EKG went as expected. Got my clearance. Now I need to do the chest X-ray. Gallbladder scan and upper GI. I'll do all that early next week. 
Most Active
Recent Topics