What vitamin are gummies lacking?

Christy L.
on 5/26/12 1:01 am - TN
I'm having a lot of trouble with taking and keeping down my Centrum chewables.  I honestly have never been able to 'stomach' vitamins because of the taste.  I even became severely anemic during my first pregnacy and had to have a blood transfusion because of not properly taking my vitamins.  I think I could handle gummies a lot better, but I was told they are lacking something.  Is it something that could be taken seperately?  Just trying to find something that works.

DisneyLover
on 5/26/12 1:08 am - WI
I don't know what they are lacking if they are lacking something.

If you can swallow pills, you can do that too.  I prefer chewables myself.

Sarah

poet_kelly
on 5/26/12 1:10 am - OH
It depends on the brand, but most gummies are lacking some of the B vitamins, vitamin K, zinc, copper, selenium, iodine, magnesium, mangenese and probably a few other things.  So yeah, you could add all those thing I guess, but then you'd be taking about eight or nine other pills besides the gummies.  If you could get those eight or nine pills down, why can't you just get one multi down?

If you don't like chewable Centrum, there are many other brands of chewables, or there are vitamins you swallow, or there is ENS from Celebrate, which is a powder you  mix with liquid.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Christy L.
on 5/26/12 1:31 am - TN
I guess I wouldn't be able to take 8 or 9 other pills any better than what I'm doing now.  I am 4 weeks out from surgery, is it safe to start taking a non-chewable?  If so, what is a good brand that is a smaller size?  Anything would be better than chewable at this point! 

Thanks for your help!

poet_kelly
on 5/26/12 1:35 am - OH
The ASMBS says you can take non-chewables as soon as you can tolerate them.  Many patients were swallowing pills right after surgery.

Centrum is a good brand, or a generic equivalent is fine.  Celebrate and Bariatric Advantage both make multi capsules that are smaller than most multis, but you also have to take more a day.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

seattledeb
on 5/26/12 11:08 am
 I hope you are taking iron as well with your history of anemia.

Most Active
Recent Topics