poet_kelly
on 5/26/12 11:12 pm - OH
Sure.

White Chili

2 bags Morningstar Farms fake chicken, cut into small pieces
one onion, diced
one red bell pepper, diced
one can (4 oz) diced green chilies
one cup salsa (I use medium but you can use hot if you prefer; I just buy the store brand)
three cans vegetable broth
three cans Great Northern beans
one tablespoon minced garlic
cumin
garlic powder
onion powder

In a big pot, sauté the garlic, onion and diced red pepper in a little olive oil until slightly soft.  Add the chicken and sprinkle liberally with cumin, garlic powder, and onion powder.  Stir and cook for a couple minutes.  Add the broth, beans, green chilies and salsa.  Stir.  Add ½ teaspoon of cumin, ¼ teaspoon of onion powder and ¼ teaspoon of garlic powder (or more if you want it spicier).  Stir.  Bring to a boil.  Reduce heat and simmer for about 40 minutes.

Traditional Style Chili

2 bags Morningstar Farms soy crumbles
one onion, diced
two jalapeno peppers, diced fine
two cans veggie broth
one can diced tomatoes
chili powder to taste (I use about two tablespoons)

In a big pot, sauté the garlic and onion in a little olive oil until slightly soft.  Add the soy crumbles and diced jalapeno peppers and cook for a couple minutes.  Add the broth, diced tomatoes and chili powder.  Bring to a boil, stir well, then reduce heat and simmer about 40 minutes.  Serve it with shredded cheese on top if you like.

Island Red Beans

Four cans kidney beans
one onion, diced
two habanera peppers, diced fine (the original recipe I had for this dish called for poblano or Anaheim peppers but I like it with habaneras.  The others might be less spicy, though, if you don’t want it as spicy)
½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
¾ cup tomato sauce
two cups water (more or less, depending on how saucy you like your beans)
½ teaspoon dried oregano
¼ teaspoon black pepper
1/8 teaspoon salt

In a large pot, sauté the onions and garlic in a little olive oil until slightly soft.  Then add the diced peppers and cilantro and cook for a few more minutes.  Add the kidney beans, tomato sauce, water, oregano, pepper and salt.  Stir well and bring to a boil.  Reduce heat to a simmer and cook about 40 minutes.

Red Beans and Sausage

One can kidney beans
Package of four veggie Italian sausages (I usually use Tofurkey), sliced
½ onion, diced
red bell pepper, diced
one can diced tomatoes
cayenne pepper
black pepper
Franks sweet chili sauce (I get this at Kroger, it’s by the hot sauce)

In a large pot, sauté the onions, red pepper and garlic in a little olive oil until slightly soft.  Add the sliced sausages, stir and cook for a couple minutes.  Add the beans and diced tomatoes, stir and cook for a couple more minutes.  Add a dash of cayenne pepper and a dash of black pepper.  Stir.  Then add Franks sweet chili sauce to taste and stir.  A little of this goes a long way so start with less than ¼ cup and then add more if needed.  Reduce heat to a simmer and cook about half an hour.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 55 replies · 433 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 360 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 298 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 6 replies · 163 views
Recent Topics