3 days post op

Gingerkin
on 5/26/12 11:13 pm - NC
RNY on 05/24/12
 I got home yesterday and I feel better than I thought I would. The only thing that I thought was awful was the drain. That was the most painful thing of the whole surgery. I'm able to sip and walk just fine. I got the drain out yesterday before leaving the hospital. Yeah! Now that the drain is out I'm doing great. I'm home now and besides the discomfort at the drain site everything just seems to good to be true. I Hope that everyone can have a great experience like me. Thanks everyone and I will keep u updated. 

(deactivated member)
on 5/26/12 11:39 pm
RNY on 05/07/12
Glad things went well. Walk, sip and sleep. Don't forget pain meds and you will do great!!!
tracy L.
on 5/27/12 1:17 am - PA
RNY on 05/21/12
Welcome home!! Glad you are doing so well I am happy to say my surgeon stopped routinely using drains on his rny patients!! I am 6 days out and feel great!!

ritarugger
on 5/27/12 1:22 am - NY
I am also 3 days out and this drain really stinks. According to my nurse practitioner , the doc will leave it in for 2 weeks. I don't understand the point. Nothing is draining since I've been off the IV. I am hoping he takes it out at the one week apt! I am glad to hear you are doing well. I don't feel so hot just yet. I think this drain is part of the problem. keep us posted!
Gingerkin
on 5/27/12 2:31 am - NC
RNY on 05/24/12
 Sorry to hear that u might have to have the drain in for 2weeks. That's horrible. I'm doing so much better pain wise after they took the drain out. So hang in there it will be better once that is out. 

Most Active
Recent Topics