things that helped ?

dan434
on 5/28/12 8:05 pm - NJ
RNY on 05/22/12
I started my journey on 2-28 -12 went to dr 1st consul 434 some of the best advice i got was not to go on 1 last food grouge yes its the first  thing you think of ! Butt i took the advice i was given and ran wiyh it started adding protien shakes protien bars and eating lean protien and veggies helped me keep my head rite was both spiritly and mentaly ready to do this and i,m still in the zone feeling great for most last supper as i called it i had broiled shrimp the next day started a 2 week liquid diet that i thought i could never do like the others said after day 3 it was a breeze had my surgery on 5-22-12 gave my dr over 40+ pounds have now been on a clear liquid diet since 2 days before surgery as per drs orders have first drs appt tomorow! have i thought of cheating yes have i cheated no the only person i,d be cheating is me and i,m gona ride this wave for all its worth! Guess what i,m trying to say is keep your eye on the prizze i no for me this is a second chance on life and as for the sugery i wasn,t worried praise the Lord positive additude helps ! if it wasn,t for the 6 lap insions i wouldn,t no i had surgery !!! i started this journey over5 years ago and new i was ready for it  at this time cause i felt totaly commited What im trying to say is the sooner you get your head in the game the easier it is !!!! just thought this might help someone
take care God Bless dan
dasie
on 5/28/12 8:41 pm
Best wishes for great success, Dan.

Zeigled
on 5/28/12 10:28 pm - Parkton, MD
Sounds like you are well on your way to a sucessful result - best wishes for continuing.
HW 357 SW 341   

CindyKae64
on 5/29/12 1:11 am
RNY on 05/22/12
Good for you! I had surgery the same day as you and I went in the the same attitude! Other than a couple of rough days in the hospital (due to anethesia and pain meds), I also feel great! I agree that it would not benefit me personally to cheat at anytime, so I don't!

It will hurt. It will take time. It will require dedication. It will require willpower. It requires sacrifice. There will be temptation. But, I promise you, when you reach your goal, it's WORTH IT! (Author Unknown). I feel this sums up my ongoing journey to a healthier me!

dan434
on 5/29/12 1:53 am - NJ
RNY on 05/22/12
Glad your doing well keep up the good work so can,t what for my dr tomorow sure would be nice to add yougurt and such this clear liquid is getting blan need something new !
mpjones
on 5/29/12 3:06 am
It really sounds like you went into this whole things with your eyes open and with the right attitude !! Keep up the good work--you  are already a success story !! 
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 459 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 416 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 355 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 437 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 355 views