First Post-WLS Trip Tomorrow

Trianni
on 5/30/12 2:44 pm - Maryville, TN
RNY on 04/02/12
Traveling tomorrow for the first time since having surgery nearly two months ago. I'll be attending a United Methodist Women's conference where food is sure to be plentiful. Will have my suitcase, my bipap machine, a cooler full of WLS-friendly food (I've requested a fridge in my room) and a bag of disallowed food from my pantry to be donated to the local food pantry there in Birmingham. I hope the person driving has plenty of room in their vehicle for all my stuff! Oh, and I'm taking my tablet so I can still check in here on OH from time to time while I'm gone.

I'm really looking forward to this trip. I haven't been anywhere outside a 30-mile radius in a long while and it will be good to get away for a while. Will be gone three days, leaving tomorrow morning and coming back Saturday night.

Had to go buy myself some more new used tops for the trip. My old ones are falling off my shoulders and sagging badly through the bust. Everytime I moved I'd be showing my bra straps,which were likewise falling off my shoulders as well and I looked plum trashy. I don't know what I'd do without the consignment stores!

I hope everyone is having a good week!

Rebecca
mama3
on 5/30/12 2:59 pm
Wish you luck and have a safe trip

BugdocMom
on 5/30/12 3:19 pm - CA
Sounds like you are ready for this trip! You've got all your ducks in a row for success and FUN! Stick to your plan and enjoy!!
JJ_
on 5/30/12 3:46 pm
Congrats Rebecca.  It sounds like you are prepared for this fun experience.  Safe travels.

Judy
Cherokeesage
on 5/30/12 4:13 pm
RNY on 02/24/12
Love such conferences.  Have a GREAT time!

Banded  Oct 2008:  290       
RNY Feb 2012:        245    
Dr's set goal:            170 reached Oct 11, 2012
My goal:                     160  reached Dec 1, 2012
Today :                       145-150

I am half the person I was in 2008.

Most Active
Recent Topics