Protein Coffee????

Mrsmary04
on 5/30/12 12:40 pm - CO
RNY on 07/05/11 with
OK this just seems like I am making it out harder then what it is lol but hey thats me....

I can not live without my morning coffee and lately I have found myself in the starbucks drive thru more often then not. Well today the hubby has put a stop to that. So I need to see if I can make something tasty out of what I have.  Here is what I have.....

Coffee (fresh brewed in the AM)
Ice ( I LOVE my coffee frappiciono style HATE it hot.... go figure)
Chocolate protein powder
my splenda and my half and half

SO it seems like the answer would be to just throw it all in the blender and there you have it but I wondering how else could I do it up to give it some flair? Thanks everyone. I looked on bariatric foodie but didn;t see anything but I could be looking in the wrong spot LOL please help looking for my morning coffee!!!
~MARY~       
poet_kelly
on 5/30/12 12:51 pm - OH
The way I would do it is put the coffee, protein powder, splenda and half and half in the blender, blend for a minute or so, then add the ice and blend some more.  If you want a creamier kind of drink, you could use half coffee/half milk in the blender, but unless you make extra strong coffee, you would weaken the coffee flavor.

If you want to  jazz it up some, you can buy sugar free syrups like they put in coffee drinks at Starbuck to give it different flavors.  Lately I've been doing a raspberry cappuccino sort of frappe like thing.

This is Nik's method for making thick shakes: bariatricfoodie.blogspot.com/2010/05/official-triple-x-metho d-post.html

And here are a gazillion of her protein shake recipes: bariatricfoodie.blogspot.com/search/label/protein%20shakes

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Mof3
on 5/30/12 1:27 pm - Miami, FL
 I had the same problem until was introduced to nectar protein powder in cappuccino flavor. It tastes amazing try it ou won't regret it. 
datorres
on 5/30/12 2:03 pm
 Click protein powder is also good, I've tried the chocolate and vanilla flavors. It has a shot of espresso in it so it has that coffee taste. I too am a huge starbucks fan and my hubby hates how expensive the coffees are there. To make my iced coffee I use a scoop of protein powder (chocolate) 8 oz. of milk or soy milk, what ever you use 1 scoop of click, a dash of sf syrup any flavor and ice. You can also buy the sf syrups from starbucks.
mommy2landh
on 5/31/12 12:18 am

1 cup skim milk
 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
1 teaspoon instant decaf granules
ice
blend

For a change I add raspberry or cherry SF Davinci Syrup as well.   If you like it a little creamier- try adding one teaspoon of SF instant pudding mix (chocolate). 

I have also tried 1/2 C skim milk and 1/2 C strong coffee with the protein mix and SF syrups. 

Be creative and have fun experimenting. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 163 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 248 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 302 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 261 views