day 2 back on the wagon

busy_blond
on 6/1/12 8:48 am - Tyler, TX
I'm 1.5 years out from gastric bypass. Over the last few months I've been eating really badly. I'd go up and down 2 lbs every couple of days and as long as it stayed like that I told myself I couldn't be doing THAT bad. Well the scale finally settled UP 3 lbs and stayed steady there and I quickly realized that I WAS doing that bad and need to get hold of myself and quick!! I know I've been eating too many carbs and not enough protein, so I've started drinking my protein shake and cutting out simple carbs, and drinking lots of water. So far I'm on day 2 and hanging in there. I wish I had never strayed from the rules of my surgery cause it is so much harder to psych yourself up to get started again once you start breaking the rules. If you are a new post-op, please learn from my mistakes stay true to your surgery rules,
Leann

Price S.
on 6/1/12 9:12 am - Mills River, NC
i'm a little further out than you but it seemed to me that malabsorption ended all at once and every bite had to be counted again.  I caught it early and am weighing, measuring and loging my intake again with great results.  You just have to keep that 2 lbs from being 20 and have to find a way of eating that you can live with long term.  Check out Miles and Menus on the lightweight board. There are a bunch of us in maintainance who are trying to get it right. 

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Eliza55
on 6/1/12 10:32 am - PA

I second Price's recommendation to check out the lightweight board.  There is a whole group of us who are really trying to get things right, and there's lots of support.

Good luck!

Eliza
Consult:239   SW:217  1mo:195  2mo:182  3mo:169   6mo:139  9mo GOAL CW: +2 from underweight

busy_blond
on 6/1/12 10:45 am - Tyler, TX
thanks you guys, I'll definately check out the lightweight board
Leann

busy_blond
on 6/2/12 9:17 am - Tyler, TX
whew!! so the last 3 days i've upped the protein and water and cut back on carbs. finally dropped those darned 3 pounds plus one more. I was starting to worry. Going to do my best to keep on the straight and narrow. I'd love to be at goal when I go back to the Dr next month. only 4 more lbs to go.
Leann

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 457 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 354 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 437 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?