confusing... to eat or not to eat...

I_must_be_crazy
on 6/1/12 11:02 pm
I have been looking at recipies for people who have had gastric bypass and there are some out there that sound really good.  I have found some that have pasta in them and when I asked my doctor he said pasta is a NO-NO.    also any food that is over 5 grams of sugar or 5 grams of fat is a NO-NO  except for natural foods like fresh fruit.   I am very tired of eating the same old stuff but I am scared to try new things because of the "dumping",  I do not want to experience that ever.   I really need recipies that I can try.   Thanks for your help....
laura_vermont
on 6/1/12 11:14 pm
 Google "eggface" and "bariatric foodie" both excellent blogs with great recipes.  
High Weight 278; consult weight 234; Surgery Weight 219 Surgeon's Goal Weight 150 -10/27/10  -  Personal goal weight 140 - Achieved 12/11/10  

Hollie313
on 6/1/12 11:24 pm - MI
RNY on 05/09/12

Surgery: 5/9/12              HW: 302           SW:  287.6        CW:  158

JUSTJUNQUIES
on 6/2/12 2:12 am - Citrus Heights, CA
RNY on 04/04/12
I too am instructed to 5grms of sugar and 5 grms of fat during weight loss, I am eating just about everything except salads and dressings ( I miss them)
Last night I has a small hamburger pattie ( mixed with laughing cow blue cheese) browned and steamed , cauliflower, red peppers and leftover corn roasted in the oven and 1/2 baked potato, didn't eat it all , but was satisfied.
I eat greek yogurt and cottage cheese with splenda.
I do not dump on fats ( I don't think) or carbs , have not tried sugars but have done some sugar alcohols in Atkins cookies or bars
What type of foods do you like?

Donna Q. --5'8" -60 years old
Band 2005
hw320 sw276 lw with band 195 gw 160-180? 
Bypass 4/4/2012
pre sw 258 lw RNY 162 cw 203

Katie C.
on 6/2/12 4:16 am - chugiak, AK
If you like pasta, you can use zucchini for the noodles instead. I started doing this even before surgery. (You don't get the carb bloat from it at all) I use a mandolin to cut the zucchini into spaghetti style pieces, then I saute them in just a tiny bit of olive oil, with pepper and garlic powder. Then I either do a traditional sauce with some Italian sausage, or my favorite is what I call fake chicken Parmesan. I spice the chicken with garlic powder and black pepper, bake it, then I place it on top of the zucchini, add some red sauce, and some low fat cheese, pop it back in the oven to get all melty, and it is wonderful!!!!!!!

Katie
"Wrinkles only go where the smiles have been"

Most Active
Recent Topics