Please help diagnose me!

knowbetterdobetter
on 6/3/12 12:19 am - FL
RNY on 03/26/12
I am going to call my doctor first thing in the morning but I just want to see if anyone out there has any suggestions as to what may be going on with me. I had RNY on 03/26/12 about a week later I developed ulcers. I take meds every day. About a month ago I started feeling nauseous but not bad enough to do anything about it. About a week ago the nausea got worse so my doctor called in a prescription. On Friday around 4:30 after eating a Quest bar I felt really bad cramps in the area between my breast bone and my belly button. The pain radiates a little towards the right but it mainly stays above my belly button. It hurts when I press on that area.  The pain on Friday was bad enough for me to stay in and lay down. I did not have diarrhea or any vomiting. Saturday I still felt bad so I stayed home in bed all day. At one point I felt like I was going to vomit but I didnt. I did have to go outside for about an hour because the smell of my husband cooking shrimp was going to make me vomit.  This morning I wake up and I still have pain but not as bad as Friday. I am staying in again today. I still have my gallbladder. I have not been diagnosed with kidney stones. I just have ulcers. Any ideas what this could possibly be? Just wondering before I call my doctor on Monday. Thanks in advance.
terilynn112
on 6/3/12 12:22 am - maryland, NY
could be gallbladder.

Teri
Lapbanded 9-16-08 revision from Lapband to RNY on January 11, 2011
HW 273/ 1st surgery 243/Lapband removed 260/ Current 172/ Goal weight 169

Rick White
on 6/3/12 12:25 am
RNY on 03/26/12
I'm betting on gallbladder. Why didn't they get rid of it at the same time as your RNY?

knowbetterdobetter
on 6/3/12 12:27 am - FL
RNY on 03/26/12
I asked them to remove it but my surgeon doesnt remove the gallbladder unless there is a problem. I think it has more to do with my insurance then with him. I really hope I dont need another surgery. Four weeks off without pay for my RNY was hard enough.
Rick White
on 6/3/12 12:28 am
RNY on 03/26/12
By the way, we had our RNY the same date!

knowbetterdobetter
on 6/3/12 12:29 am - FL
RNY on 03/26/12
LOL. I saw that. I was sitting here deciding whether I like you or not because you lost 74lbs and I only lost 41. LOL - jealousy rises again.
Rick White
on 6/3/12 12:42 am
RNY on 03/26/12
I sent you a friend request. 74 includes the 12 pounds prior to surgery and I lost over 30 in the first month after surgery due in part to uncontrolled nausea. Don't be jealous. We will both be victorious in the end!

SaraBurns
on 6/3/12 12:46 am - Newton, IA
RNY on 06/05/12
hmm it does sound like gallblader problems
Sonogrrl
on 6/3/12 1:36 am
RNY on 05/22/12
Could definitely be gallbladder. Even if you don't have gallstones or inflammation of the gallbladder, you might have a poorly functioning gallbladder which could cause a similar pain to stones. Ask for a HIDA scan, it's a nuclear medicine test to show the function of your gallbladder. If it's poorly functioning it should come out. Your liver will take over the job of the gallbladder.
RNY 5/22/12      27.5.bs lost pre-op      
knowbetterdobetter
on 6/3/12 1:41 am - FL
RNY on 03/26/12
Thank you. I will make sure to ask them about the HIDA scan.
Most Active
Recent Topics