Getting Comfortable NOT at goal weight

csiaj90
on 6/7/12 10:11 pm
So I've lost 102 lbs, down to 185 from 287. My original goal was between 125-135 (I'm only 5'3"). I would like to see a single digit in pants size (I'm a 12/14 currently). However, I am starting to really get comfortable at this weight. My loss has slowed down, and I keep thinking to myself that if I stopped losing now, I'd be okay with it...but then other times, I really want to be able to say I made it to goal.

Thoughts?!

Laura in Texas
on 6/7/12 10:23 pm
You're not even a year out. Lot's of people slow down as they get close to the year mark. It does not mean the party's over. Just stick with your plan. It is good that you would be fine where you are, but I do not think you are done.

I'm almost 4 years out and most days I am OK where I am, but sometimes I still wonder if I should lose more.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Kay L.
on 6/7/12 10:25 pm - N., AL
This is when it gets difficult. The further you get out, the slower the weight comes off. The problem with getting comfortable at 185, is that you probably will have a 15-20% bounce back, which will put you at a weight you might not be happy at. This is when you track your eating more closely, up your protein and get to moving (exercise) if you haven't already.

Having said all of this, YOU have to decide at what weight you are truly going to be happy with yourself.
Waysta
on 6/7/12 10:30 pm - TX
 I hear you!  I want to lose another twenty pounds, but like you I am getting comfortable where I am.  I keep telling myself to ignore all the compliments that I look great, but that is really hard.  People keep telling me that I look good and healthy ( not like another person in my small town of 2000 where everyone knows everything). She really doesn't look good after 2 years.   I think she lost too much weight.   I have started buying nicer clothes....and more clothes.....not just enough to get by until I reach my goal weight.  You and I both know what to do...we just need to grab the bull by the horn and get serious again !!     Good luck......keep posting......
Slow and steady !!!!  Have a Blessed Day !!!!!!                             
poet_kelly
on 6/7/12 10:46 pm - OH
Well, you're less than a year post op, so chances are you're gonna continue to lose at least a bit more.

But I think you get to choose your goal.  So if your original goal was 125-135, you can change your goal to something else if you decide something else would be better or more realistic or more comfortable for you or whatever.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Shawna F.
on 6/8/12 7:37 am
At 5'3, I would say that maybe you should meet in the middle. Set a smaller goal of maybe hitting 150 and then see how you feel there. Meeting smaller goals keeps you motivated :0) Congrats on already losing so much! I am two years out, as of yesterday and feel amazing but am still trying to lose an additional 20lbs. I am at 201lbs, down from 395lbs pre-op!! :0)
Babbs
on 6/9/12 9:25 am - Charleston, IL
RNY on 06/12/12
 Great job Shawna!

Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee:  because he trusteth in thee. IS 26:3    

Shawna F.
on 6/9/12 12:19 pm

Thank you!! :)