Pure Protein Shakes

Kallen27
on 6/9/12 7:33 am
Does anyone know if we absorb the protein that are in the pure protein shakes?

SarinaHaas
on 6/9/12 7:37 am - NY
RNY on 02/28/12
I was told by my NUT that these are not a good choice for me. However there are several on here that have been told the opposite. Best bet is to call your NUT.
poet_kelly
on 6/9/12 7:38 am - OH
What makes them not a good choice for you?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

poet_kelly
on 6/9/12 7:37 am - OH
I think so.  What kind of protein is it?  It's whey isolate or concentrate, isn't it?  Or maybe calcium caseinate?  Those are all proteins from milk and we absorb them.

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Kallen27
on 6/9/12 7:48 am
It says milk protein concentrate, calcium casemate!

poet_kelly
on 6/9/12 9:03 am - OH
Yeah, that's all protein from milk.  Just processed in different ways.  We absorb it fine.

Adrianne_Dawn
on 6/9/12 3:18 pm - WA
RNY on 05/21/12
 Have you tried them? I bought a few flavors and had the chocolate one last week - I drank it down but YUCK the after taste was GROSS! Now i'm not brave enough to drink the Banana one and Strawberry one in the fridge hahahaha. 

But if you like them more power to you! :)

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 454 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 413 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 353 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 436 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 353 views