Newbie: Surgery Tomorrow!

Yamhillnancy
on 6/10/12 3:44 am - CA
 Hi Everyone,
My name is Nancy and I am new here.  My surgery is tomorrow; I am having a revision from a Lapband to RNY.  I have Lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, I have had a knee replacement, hip replacement, various other "replacements", plus I have had a double heart bypass.  I am really looking forward to my new life, and getting as healthy as I possibly can. I am "only" 50 lbs overweight, but those 50 lbs make it hard on my hips, knees and feet. 

I have learned so much from this board.  You guys are very welcoming and kind to everyone.  
See you all on the other side!

Nancy

RPick67
on 6/10/12 4:07 am
VSG on 06/11/13

Best wishes toward a speedy recovery and a successful RNY surgery!! 

Cons. Wt. 394       Surg. Wt. 386        Curr. Wt.  311

karenp8
on 6/10/12 4:10 am - Brighton, IL
Glad to meet you Nancy and good luck with your surgery tomorrow. I have not had surgery yet--just beginning my appointments now. I know what you mean about the weight being hard on your joints. I too have rheumatoid arthritis and have had both partial and total knee replacements. I am way more than 50 pounds overweight though and can't wait to have surgery so I can begin to lead a healthy full life like never before. Let us know how your surgery goes and keep posting here! 
Yamhillnancy
on 6/10/12 4:32 am - CA
 Thanks, Karen.  As soon as I feel up to posting I will!!  Good luck to you too.
Emmernellie
on 6/10/12 6:02 am - McKenzie, TN
RNY on 06/11/12
Hey Nancy.  I am having rny surgery tomorrow as well at Vanderbilt in Nashville.  I am enroute there now.  I am excited in some ways and also nervous.  I have been fighting GERD for 2 yrs and the meds are no longer working.  My surgeon says this surgery will fix the problem.  I also have a hernia.  I pray all goes with you tomorrow.  I don't know much about this board but I will try to add you to my friends list (I don't currently have one so you will be first). ha
justmycatandme
on 6/10/12 8:14 am
RNY on 06/11/12
Hi Nancy,

I too am having my surgery tomorrow!  Good Luck and yes, I'll be joining you on the losers bench tomorrow!  The next thing on our agenda will be to walk, walk, walk.... and  sip, sip, sip!
Yea US!
justjodi916
on 6/10/12 9:05 am - CA
Good luck Nancy!  Wishing you the best on your surgery and renewed journey!
Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 1 replies · 9 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 242 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 297 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 255 views