8 days post op.gaining some ground.

marty69
on 6/14/12 10:36 am - MO
RNY on 06/06/12

Hi all!
    So I had surgury on the 6th. woke to more shoulder pain then I had expected. that was last week wensday.
     surgion said to hubby alll went well.but that my stomche wall is unusualy thick.Dr Edwards also said that i had lost quit a bit of blood and was going to develope a HUGE clote. so on thursday i got my 2 units of blood. my hemogloben was 6 when they started and 8. something when they were done that nite.They kept me friday yet and i went home saturday afternoon.
  My wonderful daughter took good care of me.
   But on sunday nite I broke out with fever. I could not warm up so i got in the shower. Hubby called dr office like the discharge instructions said. They said ok to use shower ,just not to hot and son't get chilled after. check it in the morning an see how is plays out.
   Well it was more fever in morning. and again in afternoon. so they sent me to the e.r. esrly that evening. 
Where I was readmitted. ugh!!! but i was in alote of pain again and fever.
  So to try am keep this short.
it is all the blood clot. It is like 4 inches across and "thick"from what they tell me.it sits on my new tummy.so it causes preasure. shoulder an abdominal pain.they took my drain out to day it worked wonderfuly but had become extreamly painful around 2 am. today.
    Ehile i realize this is not typical,nor is it way off the map serious. Has anybody ealse gotten "detoured" on what they expected?
 thanks again for yur interest .

May We All be Blessed and Valued 

marty

jewel-twin
on 6/14/12 10:18 pm - Canada
I don't have any advice but wanted to say sorry your having trouble.