Question regarding strictures!!??!!??

(deactivated member)
on 6/20/12 11:52 am
Shrimp is INCREDIBLY rubbery and difficult.  If you irritate your pouch with repeated vomiting it will swell and cause you problems until you let it settle down.  I did have a stricture at 4 weeks but I could not even sip a teaspoon of water without vomiting.  Do you feel a vortex (tornado-like sucking sensation) when you drink?  If not, chances are you are just experiencing swelling. Moving to solid foods is not a green light to eat all solid foods.  It is a very gentle transition from soft to solid and only a couple of bites of perhaps A shrimp. 

Wishing you a speedy recovery!!!  and take it very slow.  You have the remainder of your life to get your eating where you want it. 

Best,

tracy L.
on 6/20/12 7:42 pm - PA
RNY on 05/21/12
Hi Chris! Great to hear from you I don't think I get the tornado sensation while drinking but will pay closer attention today!! Thanks for the reminder to slowwwww down!! Always seems to catch up to me!! Hope you are doing well!?!

(deactivated member)
on 6/20/12 11:41 pm
You are welcome Tracy.  You are doing really well.  If you haven't done this, now is the time to get in the habit of chewing every bite 25 times.  Yes, count your chews and do it for a month.  After a while, the additional chewing and slower eating will stick without you having your food stick! 
:)
tracy L.
on 6/21/12 3:50 am - PA
RNY on 05/21/12
I haven't done that Chris but when I am allowed food again later today I am going to try it Thank you!!

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 398 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 388 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 261 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 324 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 6 replies · 130 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?