Disappointing start to the day....kind of funny though

NevillesMom
on 6/21/12 9:48 pm - MA
It is a beautiful ful morning...sunny but not hot yet  .I'm not rushing because I have the day off from work and am heading to NY with my hubby for the weekend to visit his family.  I'm out walking my dog at 5:30am.    I start to think about the bomb diggity protein shake I am going to make us both for breakfast.  I am practically drooling over it.  After packing, actually doing my hair and make up I go to the kitchen.  Everthing seems to be working out perfectly...I had exactly 2 cups of soy milk left in the carton, almost 2 scoops of Click powder left and I took the last 2 vanilla protein portions that I keep in my desk for emergencies.    I put everything in the blender and let it works it's magic.  I add a bunch of ice cubes mix it up some more and pour a little into a cup.  I take a swig and almost spit what I had in my mouth all over my kitchen.  Why does this taste so funky?  I start to add a few things thinking that maybe my taste buds are off. this morning..I'm dumping some instant espresso, NSA Quick Powder, Splenda and a little SF caramel.  Still totally disgusting.  Then I remember that one of the portioned out bags of vanilla protein I took from my desk was actually Injury chicken soup protein!  Awesome!  It looks like breakfast will be the yummy wraps I packed for us to have on the road for lunch!

Have a great day and weekend everyone! 

anewbeginning2012
on 6/21/12 10:44 pm - IN
RNY on 10/01/12
That is too funny! Enjoy your wraps  Thanks for sharing your funny story, it made me smile.
karenp8
on 6/21/12 11:34 pm - Brighton, IL
Too funny! At least you gave me a laugh to start my day!
Adrianne_Dawn
on 6/21/12 11:41 pm - WA
RNY on 05/21/12
hahahaah OMG that is awful. Well hopefully your day gets better! 

roseofsharonkb
on 6/22/12 12:33 am - VA
RNY on 05/23/12 with
Ewwww, tragically funny

"My opinions are my own, and don't necessarily reflect a sound mind or good judgment!" 

Dee.spunk
on 6/22/12 1:04 am - Sacramento, CA
That's hilarious! Some chicken shakes for breakfast!

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

Jewelsstevens
on 6/22/12 2:12 am - Crandall, TX
RNY on 09/18/12
Thank you SOOOOO much for sharing! I needed that laugh today! No doubt my co workers think that I am nuts for randomly busting out laughing!

Ladytazz
on 6/22/12 3:41 am
That reminds me of the time I made a frozen protein coffee shake, same as I always did and it was horrible.  I finally figured it out.  Instead of sugar free chocolate syrup I picked up a bottle of sweet and spicy BBQ sauce.  First time I ever had a BBQ sauce protein shake.  I don't recommend it.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 4 replies · 31 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 242 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 297 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 258 views