REVISIONS, REVISIONS, REVISIONS

Delia Montalvo
on 6/27/12 3:41 am, edited 6/27/12 4:51 am - San Antonio, TX

Well, here I go again.  I had LapBand Surgery done 2/6/06...did well for a while but did not have much success.  July 11, 2011, I underwent revision surgery to Gastric Sleeve.  I was told that I probably would not loose too much weight (lost 30 l0bs) since I had had the previous procedure done already.  But since the Sleeve I have had an extreme amount of gastric (acid) reflux, at times I wake up coughing up acidity gunk.   I was told by my Dr. that they are finding more cases of this.  The only thing left to do is Gastric Bypass.  This would relieve all acid reflux as it will removed the part of the stomach that creates the acid.  So, I am tentatively scheduled on July 23...if I had known this, I would have done bypass in the first place. 

JUST GOT INFORMED...I'M APPROVED!!
JULY 23, SURGERY!!!

Delia Z. Montalvo
sweetishgirl
on 6/27/12 4:10 am - Colorado Springs, CO
Did you have reflux prior to the sleeve?  I had done my research because I currently have reflux and was told the sleeve makes it worse, so my surgeon recommended RNY.  I am sorry you have to go through all of this.  I have heard in a lot of cases, patients actually can get acid reflux from VSG.  I wish you the best and hope that your next surgery goes well.  My surgeon and a few people I have talked to that have had RNY have told me their reflux has gone away, but the doc said that I may need to be on Prilosec for a little while right after surgery, but it should eventually go away.
Delia Montalvo
on 6/27/12 4:47 am - San Antonio, TX
I had SOME reflux...few and far between, but not to the extreme that I do now.  It has gotten to the point that 30-45 minutes after eating food flows up...to my throat...get that stuck feeling again.  Thank you for your well wishes.  I'm looking for forward to more change...and less reflux.
JUSTJUNQUIES
on 6/27/12 10:30 am - Citrus Heights, CA
RNY on 04/04/12
That is so awful!! I am glad RNY is still an option for you !!!! my doc insisted on RNY after band for ME but another of his patients he said band to  sleeve was good for her...go figure, now I am wondering if it was because I always had esophagus burning , never reflux though.
I would be pretty angry to have a second surgery just to loose 30 lbs, unless that is all you had to loose.
My band to RNY has been worry free, I am 3 months out next week and am finally on a good vitamin schedule, that for me has been the hardest part!!
Best wishes to you , you will have to let us know how all the surgeries felt and how different they are

Donna Q. --5'8" -60 years old
Band 2005
hw320 sw276 lw with band 195 gw 160-180? 
Bypass 4/4/2012
pre sw 258 lw RNY 162 cw 203

Delia Montalvo
on 6/28/12 12:34 am - San Antonio, TX
Well, I was originally (2/06/06) at 234...went down to 180 with lap band...but gained and went to 205...after sleeve I'm at 177...loosing slowly but surely.  

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 150 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 248 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 302 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 261 views