Getting a cold and surgerys soon

tigerlily77
on 7/1/12 4:02 pm
 So need a bit of advice.  8 days til surgery.  Getting a sore throat! Can't take cold assist or anything.  Soooooo don't want to get sick!! Any tips?
Kaoz789
on 7/1/12 6:26 pm
 Talk to your doc about treatments or antibiotics... You'd be surprised how many people get sick just before surgery, it's not unusual. 

tigerlily77
on 7/2/12 12:40 am
Tx. I hope I do t get a cold.  No surgery if I do

Kaoz789
on 7/2/12 2:20 am
 That's not necessarily accurate. I had a cold when I had my surgery, nose completely closed. They just gave me super antibiotics and made sure I did my breathing excersizes to ward off pneumonia. Your doc will make the call, and hey. If you get pushed back a week, it's better 1 more week instead of lung problems for months afterwards...

Youve waited this long, you'll get there. :)

tigerlily77
on 7/2/12 2:55 am
 Tx.  I really want it done on the 9. My friend and I are having surgery the same day.  We have been to Vancouver 6 times in a year. It's an 8 hr drive.  Would be much more convenient if we could stick with our original plan.  Gonna try to rest as much as possible and wash my hands a ton cuz I work in a seniors home.  I appreciate your comments.  All the best in your journey
acrespin1
on 7/1/12 8:08 pm
RNY on 05/16/12
I had bronchitis when I had my surgery 7 weeks ago. I was worried about being intubated with my chest so congested and tight, but it didn't seem to bother me. You still have a week so you may be better by the time surgery rolls around. If you start running a fever, you really need to let your surgeon know. But a little cold won't make a difference.

tigerlily77
on 7/2/12 12:43 am
 Oh ok.  Whew.  Congrats on having your surgery!
acrespin1
on 7/1/12 8:08 pm
RNY on 05/16/12
Oh, and lots of fluids and Vitamin C!!!!

tigerlily77
on 7/2/12 12:42 am
 Tx.  I was told no vitamins.  But I will drink a ton.  I'm on my liquid diet.  I'm on day 9 of 14
Leanne43
on 7/2/12 3:05 am - , Canada
RNY on 06/04/12
well her and i have the same surgeon and she's telling the truth when she says no surgery i was told that also . when you wake up from surgery you have alot of mucous in your throat  and the worst thing they worry about is pnomonia (spelling wrong lol) it's a big risk  so they do want you at your best.

i hope your better before then give it a couple of days if it's full blown then phone dr. sampath's office and let kathleen or wendy know they'll give you further instructions and if you have to postpone it it i'm sure he would fit you in he does bariatric on mondays.