surprisingly calm

icnside
on 6/30/12 3:19 am - Chesapeake, VA
My surgery is finally going to happen on Monday, July 2nd. I have been involved in the process since September, 2011. Last month I was going through a time where i was freaking out, unsure, scared etc. But now for some reason, I am surprisingly calm. HaS anyone else gone through this? Usually I am a very emotional person.

MrsLitch
on 6/30/12 3:26 am - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12
The same thing happened to me. I worried and fretted for 2 weeks and the weekend before the surgery (I had mine on a MOnday also) it was gone. It was as if all doubt and fears left me. I'm greatful for this. I think our mind knows we need this and we've read all there is to read and we just know it's time.

You'll be on the loser's bench in no time! Good Luck!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

5' 3" - HW: 244 SW:234  GW:120 LW: 107 CW:110 Made goal 3/16/13!    

(deactivated member)
on 6/30/12 3:31 am - Bay City, MI
I was calm as a cucumber. I knew it was the right choice, and I trusted my surgeon.

Good luck. You'll rock this!
lksrph
on 6/30/12 3:58 am - NY
RNY on 07/09/12
 My surgery is Monday July 9th and I'm getting that jittery feeling. But I also have an enormous amount of excitement there as well. You'll do great!
HW  327     SW  290   CW 240  GW  150             ~Luanne~

LisaBinNC
on 6/30/12 4:03 am - Raleigh, NC
RNY on 06/28/12
 Oh yes I was SOOO freaked out the week up to my surgery date but the night before & day of I was at total peace. I just knew it was the right thing to do. I had my surgery last Thursday morning & was doing so well came yesterday evening. Doing great at home just walk, walk, walk & sip, sip, sip. Good luck on Monday, I'll be thinking about you. :-)

Kay L.
on 6/30/12 5:32 am - N., AL
I had the same thing.  Nervous for a couple of weeks and then the weekend before (mine was also on a Monday), I was just really calm.  The morning of, my nerves returned, but honestly (and this is kinda funny) it was fear of the IV!! lol.  I was a hard stick and sure enough they like to have never gotten the IV in.  Sheesh!  That was the only thing that made me nervous at that point! 

Best wishes!! And hang in there.  You'll be fine! 
icnside
on 6/30/12 6:39 am - Chesapeake, VA
Thanks for all of the awesome support... I don't know what I would do without this site!

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 491 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 553 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 542 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 30 replies · 254 views
Recent Topics