One year out and pain under ribs on right side.

lynni
on 7/4/12 4:51 am
I am suffering from pain under my lower ribs on the right side.  It is very uncomfortable my bowls are moving fine.  The only thing that has changed is I had my gall bladder out a month ago.  This pain has been pretty constant for the last few days. 

jkjstars123
on 7/4/12 5:08 am - Tama, IA
Not sure but maybe a hernia????

Julie
lanagirl
on 7/4/12 7:03 am
You could have a gall stone in your duct. Call the dr who took out your gall  bladder.

lynni
on 7/4/12 7:11 am
Thanks it started this past week and of course it gets worse on a holiday.  Would the stone be there from before the surgery or can they come out of the liver too

lanagirl
on 7/4/12 7:29 am
I'm not 100% sure but I think what happens is small stones get stuck in the bile ducts and when they go in and take out your gallbladder they are hiding so the Dr can't see them so it would be from before your surgery. I know my dr warned me that if I started feeling pain just like the pain I had when my gallbladder was inflammed it could be a stuck stone. Did you have pain before they took out your gallbladder? Does this feel the same?

lynni
on 7/4/12 9:06 am
I didn't have a lot of pain.  The did see small stones but the gall bladder just looked bad.  Some pain in flank and back.

Lady Lithia
on 7/4/12 9:13 am
In my case some stones lodged in the ducts from my liver, and I was screaming in agony. Most likely you have a few small stones partially blocking your sphincter of oddi (pancreas) and that's causing some residual pain. But DO call your surgeon's office in the morning, or if it escalates into PAIN that you can't tolerate, call him today and/or go to teh ER.

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

Lady Lithia
on 7/4/12 9:11 am
If the pain is similar to that you had prior to having your GB out, it could be you have a partially blocked duct (if it's fully blocked, you'd know, that hurts like...well.... screaming in agony type pain... which is how I was when I came out of GB surgery, screaming in agony due to blocked ducts).... I'd call your surgeon's office and explain the pain. They're the ones who operated on you, and the ones who are the biggest expert on your guts. Call them!

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 441 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 396 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 334 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 432 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?