Turning Dreadful Pre-Ops Pics Into Fun Times!

Elizabeth G.
on 7/9/12 4:00 am - RI
RNY on 10/18/12
Hello!

So for the last 6 months or so I’ve been at this point where I really don't want to be in pictures. Doesn’t matter if I’m up in front, down in back, on the floor, 2 blocks away, whatever. I just don’t want to do it!! So, this weekend at a birthday BBQ, my BF was going around snapping pictures like he’s the next Annie Leibovitz. I started to get irked since he takes pictures by the dozen and acts more like an annoying in-your-face housefly than the composed shutterbug I figure he should be. Pulling up my big girl pants, I decided to “turn that frown upside down" and have them be some of my before and after pictures. Smiling inside (ok, and outside – I did eventually smile!), I slouched down into the most unflattering poses, puffed up, puffed out, contorted and twisted wherever I could. Heck, I even gave him a shot of my derrière. I figured if he was going to take pictures to his heart’s delight, I might as well make them do double duty and worth my while too!  Just made me crack up! “Oh, you want a picture of me?! TAKE THIS!!!" 

Have you had any moments worth recalling where maybe you weren’t feeling to great about yourself but managed to turn an un-fun moment into a good laugh? Tell me about it!

Liz
Dee.spunk
on 7/9/12 5:23 am - Sacramento, CA
This weekend! I ate some jello at a diner with friends with out thinking it might have sugar in it. I was sick after and the last thing I wanted was my pic taken and my mom was making her rounds. So, though I felt like crap, I smiled and let her do her thing, but she also got a few of me making pukey faces. Lol! Oh well!

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 466 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 425 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 441 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views