citracal

seneicus
on 7/10/12 11:12 am - cordele, GA
i have citracal calcium citrate with  d3 how mant time a day do i take them
poet_kelly
on 7/10/12 11:20 am - OH
what dose do you have?  The ones with 630 mg per serving (a serving is two pills)?  Or the petites with 400 mg per serving (again, a serving is two pills)?

The ASMBS says you need 1500-2000 mg calcium citrate a day, so you would need to take two pills, three or four times a day if you have the big ones.  If you have the petites, you would need to take two pills, four or five times a day.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

seneicus
on 7/10/12 11:21 am - cordele, GA
i have the petites
poet_kelly
on 7/10/12 11:22 am - OH
Then two pills, four or five times a day, at least two hours apart.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

seneicus
on 7/10/12 11:25 am - cordele, GA
2 pills 4 or 5 times a day
trishb07
on 7/10/12 11:21 am
RNY on 06/06/12
My Dr. tells me 1500mg a day, 500 3 x's a day. No more than 500 at a time or you wont absorb it.
Paula F.
on 7/10/12 11:21 am - Rochester Hills , MI
It depends how many milligrams of calcium are in a dose.  I have to take my calcium 3 times a day.  You can't take it all at one time, your body won't absorb it all.  Make sure to get lots of dietary calcium too, such as skim milk, sugar free yogurt, cottage cheese, string cheese, broccoli, etc.

Take care and keep up the great work,
Paula