Watermelon mushed up 9 days after surgery?

tigerlily77
on 7/18/12 2:10 pm
 I'm thinking no.  But.  Realllly want some.  Watermelon 9 days after surgery? If I chew it very well? Wondering cuz been in hosp a fair bit and been having a few fruit juices and they have not bothered me.  
Lady Lithia
on 7/18/12 2:12 pm
Is it on your surgeon's plan? 

It's got a LOT of sugar. some people dump on it.

I'd avoid it. You can have watermelon next summer, and all the rest of the summers of your life.

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

tigerlily77
on 7/18/12 2:21 pm
 Tx so much.  Good advice!!   No watermelon.  
Lady Lithia
on 7/18/12 2:25 pm

walterswife
on 7/18/12 5:00 pm
 Nope!

HW 240/ SW 229/ GW 146/CW 125; OH Support Group Leader   

Starting size:  18W-20;  Present size: 0 or 2; 5'5-1/2" tall. 
Current BMI 20.4 as of 2/13/2013 (normal for the first time in my life).
Goal weight reached on 8/12/2010; As of 1/13/2013, 21 pounds below goal

grmadeb01
on 7/19/12 1:33 am - FL
i came home from the hospital on the puree stage, i was having watermelon with ine a week or so of coming home..it was on my list....i pretty much have it daily, that is the last bite of food i take as to give my mouth a rinse and different taste and texture, that helps me wait the hour after eating before drinking...i only eat fresh fruit year round, but i am down here in sunny florida and have access to fresh fruit year round....
try a bit and see how it goes...you may dump on it, so make sure you try it at home first...just take a small bite and chew well...every surgeons plan is different most people are on shakes only for long time after surgery, i did not have to do a pre op liquid diet either....but like i said, i came home from hopsital eating real food on the puree stage...
good luck
debby
Lady Lithia
on 7/19/12 2:10 am
Do you think she should have it if it's not on her surgeon's plan? 

Leanne43
on 7/26/12 3:07 pm - , Canada
RNY on 06/04/12
hey i wanted to know how your doing since your surgery so i looked you up on here. i hope your feeling better now and the gas is much better. if your not sure of what you can have go by the book that nooshin gave  you it will list what you should be drinking and eating  post op with liquid and  pureed . i stuck to what was in the book. i now ea****ermelon but you know when i first tried eating watermelon after i started eating solid  food i found it hard  on my pouch even getting it down it made it upset. i know it 's hard at this time of the year  with all the fresh fruit  but stick to what the plan is before you get into solids. good luck  with all of it oh and if you can't get a hold of nooshin then call PALS and john is pretty easy to get a hold of and if not leave a message he will phone you back.

all the best

Most Active
Recent Topics