Biotin Sublingual

BellaLeona
on 7/19/12 7:39 am - Weslaco, TX
RNY on 06/25/12
 Hi.. All anyone that will suggest a good and cheap Biotin Sublingual .. where can i find it or buy it (web site or store).. tried going to Walmart and all pills.. no luck.. another question ( i have been almost 4weeks op and still getting pains on left side or on lower belly button and left side of belling button... any one know why or if this has happenend to them? )
  ~ Bella Leona ~              
SoCaPinkLady
on 7/19/12 11:23 am - CA
RNY on 06/11/12
http://www.puritan.com/biotin-421#tab=tab-1

half way down the page is Sub-lingual.

How much Biotin should be taken?  Kelly?  
Is it beneficiary?

Lori                               

momjan
on 7/19/12 11:28 am, edited 7/19/12 11:28 am - Canada
IMHO....not really beneficial.  You WILL lose hair; it`s a result of the surgery and shock to the body.  It will stop falling out on it`s own sweet time.  Biotin isn`t going to make it stay stuck in your head lol.....

You`re not far from surgery...probably from the incisions.... the left could be from where the camera was inserted - that one causes a lot of people a bit of discomfort.  The other....don`t know... Keep an eye on it and if it gets worse, call the doctor`s office.
poet_kelly
on 7/19/12 12:02 pm - OH
Well, the ASMBS recommends 200% of the RDA of most things, which I think would be 600 mcg biotin.  Some people think taking additional biotin will prevent hair loss or help with  hair regrowth, but I have not seen any studies verifying that.  Now, biotin deficiency will cause hair loss, but biotin deficiency is rare.

You can take extra if you want.  It's a water soluble vitamin, so you'll just pee out whatever your body doesn't need.  It won't hurt you to take extra, but it may not help you, either.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.