Opinions?

Samantha L.
on 7/19/12 12:46 pm - Petaluma, CA
Since I completely FRIED my hair, had it all cut off and HATE IT, in celebration of my 2 year RNY anniversary, I got myself a present.  I wanna know what you guys think.  Be honest, I plan to wear it in public.  LOL

I know the outfit isn't very flattering.. ignore that.  =]

JUSTJUNQUIES
on 7/19/12 1:13 pm - Citrus Heights, CA
RNY on 04/04/12
what does your real hair look like????
Sorry but I don't think this looks so good...not awful but not so good.
I really want to see your real hair
You are so pretty , how bad can it be????

Donna Q. --5'8" -60 years old
Band 2005
hw320 sw276 lw with band 195 gw 160-180? 
Bypass 4/4/2012
pre sw 258 lw RNY 162 cw 203

Samantha L.
on 7/19/12 1:16 pm - Petaluma, CA
 Bad.

MrsLitch
on 7/19/12 1:16 pm - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12
I actually love the outfit.

I think the wig looks like a wig. But that doesn't mean it has to. Go to a good beautician who has experience working with wigs. She can help you to make it look it's best I think it just needs a bit of work up in the "bang area" to look better.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

5' 3" - HW: 244 SW:234  GW:120 LW: 107 CW:110 Made goal 3/16/13!    

Samantha L.
on 7/19/12 2:24 pm - Petaluma, CA
 I trimmed it a little.  Picture below in another "reply" post.  Is that better?  Should I just give up and start again?  =]  

BugdocMom
on 7/19/12 1:29 pm - CA
You look like you could really pull off a short cut well! I'd love to see your new natural 'do!
Samantha L.
on 7/19/12 2:01 pm - Petaluma, CA
 Ok, so if it were just short, that wouldn't be an issue.  (Well, KIND of an issue.. but, not enough to send me out wig shopping).   

After years of being rather good to my hair, I fried it.  Not crunchy.. WAY past crunchy.  It was gum.  It was also a green/grey/silver color with slightly orange streaks.  I consulted a stylist (more than one, actually, as I had more than one hair cut in like 2 weeks).  
  I had no desire to further process my hair, but we couldn't leave it that color, so once more, we subjected my poor hair to a dye.  This time "bright black" as it was the one color she thought might take.  It was purple/black/blue.. mostly blue.  Eh.  Whatever.  Better than before.  I'll deal.  I actually got quite a few comliments on the blue.  Weird.  (I hated it).  

A week later, it started coming out.  Not like black pretty much always comes out... but certain areas of my hair (the parts that were most damaged) simply won't hold the color.  So, now I have short, fried blue/black hair with streaks of hair that are green/grey.  

So, wig shopping just sort of happened.  =]  I agree that it needed to be trimmed, but when this picture was taken I was still at the place where I bought the wig.  It's real human hair, and quite lovely.. but, it was heavy.  As in thick and heavy.. not weight heavy.   Trimmed up a little, but not sure if I am done.  =]  

Cherokeesage
on 7/19/12 1:43 pm
RNY on 02/24/12
I honestly don't like giving opinions on such things but I know when I ask for others input then I am looking for the truth.  I have seen wigs that look natural.  This one looks like a wig for a Halloween costume.   However, it may just need to be trimmed and styled.   I personally think this one is to dark and heavy looking so styling would fix the weight.  I imagine you will find you look younger in a lighter shade. (I say this because you look like you have the same skin tone as I have.)   I have been trying on wigs and have noticed the darker I go the older I look.  I've not found one yet that feels right.  My hair is thin and falling out so I probably will end up with one soon.  I don't know if the beautician is correct but she wears wigs and told me to hold out as long as I can because wigs will cause more thinning.   I fried my hair once and cut it off since it just snapped off when combed.   I went through a series of conditioning type treatments that helped.  The beautician applied the treatment and I sat for 30 minutes with the treatment on my hair under a plastic cap. It also soothed the scalp burn.  I hope my honest opinion didn't make me an enemy.  Your a cute gal under that wig.

Banded  Oct 2008:  290       
RNY Feb 2012:        245    
Dr's set goal:            170 reached Oct 11, 2012
My goal:                     160  reached Dec 1, 2012
Today :                       145-150

I am half the person I was in 2008.

Samantha L.
on 7/19/12 1:48 pm - Petaluma, CA
 Good gravy.. not at all.  (an enemy).  I asked for opinions.  

Thank you so much for your input.

ronningeeb
on 7/19/12 2:01 pm
RNY on 08/09/12
I thought you were referring to the outfit, and I was thinkin' "what's she talkin' about, she looks great." With that said, I think the hair looks good, I just thought you must have had super long hair before your hair cut.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 440 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 395 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 333 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 432 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 333 views