Still invisible!

aidenswings
on 7/21/12 9:50 am
 Hey all. Ok I moved to Boston which is considered a walking city and has a higher population of people who keep fit walking, biking,etc due to its accesibility with transportation etc. Anyway, I had moved here previously bout 9 yrs ago and walked a lot more then and ended up losing like 10 lbs in first few months. Now, 9 yrs later and after having my 8 yr oldson and gastric bypass surgery I cannot seem to get down! I lost 65 in the first 2 monthswhich was 2 1/2 yrs ago. I then gained 50 backor so and am still there. Yes its myf ault I eat too much and too much crap. Basically my portions are too large for a post op patient and I am eating fruit yes, but not enough protein. I have been bad. 

I titled this post as being still invisible. Does anyone else feel this way?I guess I notice it more when out in the city and seeing the difference between how more fit people are treated compared to obese people like myself. Especially in clothing departments! Maybe I am being verly sensitive or paranoid but does anyone else feel this way too?I get so depressed going into stores seeing such cute clothes in large or smaller..fatter people want to wear cute stuff too!!! Anyway I was curious others thoughts on this and experiences. 

artroxy blue
on 7/21/12 10:10 am - MA
RNY on 08/14/12
 I feel invisible, but I think a lot of that is self-manufactured. When I was working, and had to be very presentable ( I worked for a skin care salon on Newbury St.), I had my share of looks and flirting. Now that I'm home with a toddler, I definitely don't put in as much effort into making myself shine. I've given away or donated so much clothing, so I'm down to bare minimum. And, I have no interest in stocking up my closet until I'm down to my more manageable size. Sure, I'll buy pieces along the way, but I'm not going overboard. 

As for being treated differently than fit people, I know it happens, even if some people don't want to believe it. However, I find how you carry yourself in public also makes a world of difference. If you act invisible, dress as if you're invisible (schlubby clothes, unkempt hair), draw your body inward (drooping and rounded shoulders, look sad), then people will treat you as such. 
Ladytazz
on 7/21/12 10:29 am
I don't care what size you are, once you get older you really start to be invisible.  I have really noticed it since I turned 50.  I might as well disappear.  

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Most Active
Recent Topics