Newbee

vav626
on 7/26/12 4:04 am
Hello! I just came back from getting my referral to the surgiacal clinic for a gastric bybass. I am almost 200lbs NEVER in my life have I been sooo big! Not even when I gave birth to my 8lb. daugter. I really hope that the dr. approves my surgery. I am a dependent of a retirred military soldier so the surgery would be performed at an Army hospital. I have no concerns about that because my sister had the surgery here 5 or 6 years ago and she had great care. my concern is the protein shake. I know it sounds silly but I am concerened because I don't drink ANY kind of milk! I dont eat yogurts either I am not lactose intolerant I just don't like milk! I am very familiar with what this surgery entakes and the recovery becasue I lived it up close with my sister. I have sleep apnea, high cholesterol, hihg triglyserates, high blood pressure, torn ACL in one knee and the other knee is not exactly a torn miniscous but I have problems with it too. Everyday I hate my stairs in my house more and more! I know that once this weight is off my knees will be so much better and I can excercise becasue right now even walking makes my knee swell! I don't want the ACL surgery I rather wait and see IF I get his surgery and see how my knee does.I kwno this is long but I am anxious and I hope I don't get my hopes up for nothing but I pray that this Dr. will see that many of my ailments will disappear after my suregry. If you have any suggestions as to how to approahc my dr. on anyhting at all I would appreciate it!
poet_kelly
on 7/26/12 5:24 am - OH
You don't have to drink protein shakes made with milk.  You could drink Syntrax Nectar roadside lemonade or lemon tea.  You could make protein coffee.  You could use a ready to drink protein like Isopure or Cytomax, which I think are sorta like Gatorade.

I'm not sure what you mean by how to approach your doctor.  Who did you get the referral from?  Your primary care doctor?  But I guess basically you approach your doctor by saying "I hope to have weight loss surgery.  Here is what I need from you."

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

vav626
on 7/26/12 6:21 am
WOW! Thank you for the info!! That's great to know. The reason I said approach is because my PCM had to give me a referral to the surgical clinic where the dr. deciedes if I am a good candiadate for the weightloss surgery. Thanks sooo much for the info!!
Most Active