drinking??

vogel_girl
on 7/29/12 2:18 am
How do you know if you are taking to big of drinks??
poet_kelly
on 7/29/12 2:19 am - OH
It causes discomfort.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

vogel_girl
on 7/29/12 2:25 am
so what would be about a normal size drink then?
MikesJulie
on 7/29/12 2:32 am - MA
RNY on 02/07/12
are you talking about sips or actually ounces of a drink.  You should be able to sip sip sip water/fluids all day without discomfort.  if you are talking about sips ... a normal size sip shouldnt hurt or cause discomfort.  if you are taking a mouth full where you have big chipmunk cheeks and swallowing it as a whole..then that would hurt  but as far as how many ounces you are drinking shouldnt really matter as long as the sips are the right amount.

I dont know if that just made sense or not...lol
 (HW) 246 (Pre op weight loss) 9lbs (Surgery weight) 237  (1mo) 19lbs
MrsLitch
on 7/29/12 8:09 am - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12
" if you are taking a mouth full where you have big chipmunk cheeks and swallowing it as a whole..then that would hurt "

That doesn't hurt for me. Everyone is different.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

5' 3" - HW: 244 SW:234  GW:120 LW: 107 CW:110 Made goal 3/16/13!    

chelsea41808
on 7/29/12 2:31 am - OH
RNY on 05/14/12 with
 i sipped til about one month out .. then i was able to drink just like before surgery except it cant be really cold.. it up to you. if it hurts to drink i big drink DONT 

HW - 260    SW - 237    CW - 152    GW - 140                    

vogel_girl
on 7/29/12 2:35 am
Thank you and it did make sence! I'm just having trouble getting it right so it doesn't cause pain. and I dont think I am getting enough fluid. So I will just keep making it smaller.
MikesJulie
on 7/29/12 2:55 am - MA
RNY on 02/07/12

im 6 months out and sometimes i still dont get it right..lol  .. i hope you get some relief soon.  Just remember small sips all day long.. I know its hard and even i am guilty of not getting enough fluids in ..but i try to carry a water bottle around with me all the time .. so that way it helps me and is available at all times

Good Luck

(HW) 246 (Pre op weight loss) 9lbs (Surgery weight) 237  (1mo) 19lbs
Winnie_the_Pooh
on 7/29/12 3:48 am
I never has issues with drinking.  Not even at the hospital.  I came home two days after surgery and was drinking pretty much like normal.  I wasn't chugging but drinking like normal.

Winnie

Lady Lithia
on 7/29/12 3:54 am
My goal after surgery was to get 100 oz of liquid, 100 g of protin

I realized after day three that liquids didn't bother me. I often had 24 ounces of liquid an hour. I made sure to get 100 of liquid a day. I never sipped beyond those first three days.

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 438 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 393 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 328 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 430 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?